Turn on thread page Beta

Would anyone else agree that Bush is a complete idiot? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychologist)
    Its got to be said everyone i speak to believes that Bush knows exactly what he is doing when to be honest he couldn't organise his way out of a paper bag...He really is as thick as two short planks
    i would have to agree

ReputationRep:
    Bush has had a highly successful political career, in 6 (?) years he has become the President of the USA, arguable the most powerful nation on earth. You cannot simply write off the man becasue you dislike his policies and are jealous of his power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Bush has had a highly successful political career, in 6 (?) years he has become the President of the USA, arguable the most powerful nation on earth. You cannot simply write off the man becasue you dislike his policies and are jealous of his power.
    says arnold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Just because your president of the USA doesn't mean that you're automatically respected. A lot of people seriously question his authority and not because they are jealous of his power but because he abuses it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Yes I agree he is a position of power but he is an idiot no one is jealous of his power as he is a front man to the american government if you want to discuss power issues it may even be his Father telling him what to do,,,the most famous thing, the most powerful man in the world, did was went to dis arm iraq. Right? wrong it was to free iraq. Right? Or was it for the oil and show of power?
    No one is ever jealous of an idiot!!

ReputationRep:
    The guys comes accross as a retard. His wife however, really seems quite bright.

I think this '...he's the most pwerful man in the world...' cobblers is misguided. He couldn't say I want Joe Bloggs from number forty two plebb lane killed and get away with it or have uit done. He's just the figurehead for his party's ideas. He even sounds like he does nothing but work from what his advisors tell him. Look at him when he reads a speach they dont sound like his words. He's someone's muppet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Beaver)
    Look at him when he reads a speach they dont sound like his words. He's someone's muppet.
    No, he just has a speech-writer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Beaver)
    The guys comes accross as a retard. His wife however, really seems quite bright.

I think this '...he's the most pwerful man in the world...' cobblers is misguided. He couldn't say I want Joe Bloggs from number forty two plebb lane killed and get away with it or have uit done. He's just the figurehead for his party's ideas. He even sounds like he does nothing but work from what his advisors tell him. Look at him when he reads a speach they dont sound like his words. He's someone's muppet.
    admittedly his advisors are powerful, but the same could be said of tony blair and his spin doctors and Saddam and his advisors (in fact it looks like saddams advisors didnt want to tell him bad news which was why his army was relatively a rollover). Even before he became president, in Europe he was regarded asas a cowboy, a mental lightweight(retard) with an itchy trigger finger and a me-first view of the world, maybe you should be more worried of americans in general as that seems to be the majority view of america. Bush in many ways personifies the average american, even down to his sometimes fatuous remarks.

The media and celebrities do not help his image, Chris Martin from Coldplay said at the Grammys "We are all going to die when George Bush has his way." and Ken Livingstone said "he is the greatest threat to life on this planet".

The name Dubya often produces instant unfounded rancor. Few presidents have had such a bad start to international relations, the step away from international treaties (which tend to fail anyway) e.g. the Kyoto global warming accord or the anti-ballistic missile treaty. This gives people the view that he didn't care about the rest of the world. Well Russia, one of the biggest polluters has still not ratified Kyoto and some senior members of her government are suggesting that it will not be ratified, is Putin being lambasted.

He speaks in a straight and simple style, without the pretensions to eloquence and sophistication of his predecessors like Bill Clinton, this further alienates him from Europeans.

Bush's manner of speaking "is rather strange to a British audience," said Rodney Barker, professor of government at the London School of Economics. "It's as if he doesn't speak a whole paragraph. He says a sentence. And then pauses. And then another sentence … as if each sentence were a self-contained little speech."

People have been upset by George Bush's frequent religious references, especially in a European society that no longer counts relgion as that important. People fear that Bush is using his presidency to launch a religious crusade.

"George Bush is not an idiot," said commentator Christian Boltanski in France's Le Monde newspaper, "but he is convinced he is inspired by God and he is dangerous."

November 15, 2003 - The Times on Friday - "Still Special"
    "Mr Bush spoke of the right of his opponents to protest against him when he reaches British soil, indeed he seems to regard abuse on the streets as an occupational hazard. But the president is entitled to a fairer hearing than he has received and to be treated as a politician on his merits rather than be caricatured as a cartoon figure. Those who are so contemptuous of a nation which has so clearly been a force for good in the modern world need to contemplate, even if only for a moment, the possible alternatives. this trip should be thought of as part of a continuing and extraordinary bond between peoples. Presidents, prime ministers and political controversies will come and go. The special relationship, as Churchill hoped, should be more enduring"

Because people thought Dubya was such a village idiot, they presumed that he was not a political force and then he won the presidential election. the legitimacy of the 2001 election result could be debated forever, however the Republicans did clean up at national elections in the states. A lot of people fall into the trap of thinking that because Dubya is stupid, they are more intelligent and therefore must know more about him on an issue.

The things that Europeans focus on as evidence of his not being a good leader tend to be the same things that the American people idolise him for.

ReputationRep:
    Its got to be said everyone i speak to believes that Bush knows exactly what he is doing when to be honest he couldn't organise his way out of a paper bag...He really is as thick as two short planks
    No. I disagree.

ReputationRep:
    Two words for you all: Iraq's oil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king of swords)
    what has that go to do with Bush being an idiot

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Oh for gods sake!! Not that old thing again....

Don't you care about liberation of Iraq? They made a great step towards humanity. And I admire Bush and Blair for it I doubt it was for the oil because the Iraqis are in charge of the country - not them.

And anyway, what's that got to do with anything discussed here? hehehehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    No. I disagree.
    please continue and back up your point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    what has that go to do with Bush being an idiot
    That's his reason for going to war.....people have mostly been spurred on to say he was an idiot after the war started....don't get me wrong though i agree he is an idiot but isn't Blair an idiot too for not challenging Bush about what is going to happen to this oil (at this rate end up all in USA for a huge cost to anyone else who wants it)?

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Oh for gods sake!! Not that old thing again....

Don't you care about liberation of Iraq? They made a great step towards humanity. And I admire Bush and Blair for it I doubt it was for the oil because the Iraqis are in charge of the country - not them.

And anyway, what's that got to do with anything discussed here? hehehehe.
    Well why did they go to war... to free iraq or to get rid of biological weapons? Do you believe it is ok to go to war for a reason and then change it because you were wrong?

ReputationRep:
    please continue and back up your point!
    He is a president - he isn't dumb. And the way he's leading the country I'd much rather be in America than any country in the East. Why doesn't anyone complain as much about the horrible fundamentalist islamic regimes elsewhere nearly as much as they complain about Bush? It's frustrating. lol. I don't think Bush is half as bad as people make him out to be. No one's perfect but then again I wonder how anyone else would cope in his situation - what he's had to deal with is really underestimated.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it was for the oil because the Iraqis are in charge of the country - not them.
    The iraqis are in charge of the country? :confused:

From what i last saw they're definitely not. The americans are going to help "rebuild" iraq after bombing it to rubble. So the only thing the iraqis have to thank them for will be starbucks and Mcdonalds on evey corner of the street.

ReputationRep:
    Well why did they go to war... to free iraq or to get rid of biological weapons? Do you believe it is ok to go to war for a reason and then change it because you were wrong?
    It doesn't really matter what their method was. The result was good. So what if when they got there, they realised they had to deal with even greater crimes against humanity? They want us to be safe and they want people in Iraq to be safe. Is that such a bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    That's his reason for going to war.....people have mostly been spurred on to say he was an idiot after the war started....don't get me wrong though i agree he is an idiot but isn't Blair an idiot too for not challenging Bush about what is going to happen to this oil (at this rate end up all in USA for a huge cost to anyone else who wants it)?
    I agree with that, I mean you've got to wonder is Britain still in debt to America after all the americans believe they won WW2 and not a joint effort!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    The iraqis are in charge of the country? :confused:

From what i last saw they're definitely not. The americans are going to help "rebuild" iraq after bombing it to rubble. So the only thing the iraqis have to thank them for will be starbucks and Mcdonalds on evey corner of the street.
    Most Iraqi's are very happy - I think they need the help at any rate. It is only right that after any inevitable destruction they will need to make up for the damage. You expect them just to leave the iraqis to fend for themselves?

No one things about how horrendous it would have been if Saddam had stayed in power..

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.