Turn on thread page Beta

Would anyone else agree that Bush is a complete idiot? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king of swords)
    Well i hope you're right. But he can hardly make the reason for going to war because of the oil official because of the uproar of the rest of the world, this is why he chose the easy target of Iraq because of how infamous Saddam had become.
    oil was not the reason for us going to war, i would know, ma dad works for chevron texaco.......

anyway when we invaded kuwait in 1991 (i believe) we didnt take a barrel of their oil, and that was natural gas. iraq even though they have the most oil in the world they have the WORST kind, crude oil.....

why would we take iraqs if we didnt take kuwaits hmm?

get the facts bud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I don't think anyone can really say Saddam wasn't cruel. And I don't think anyone with a heart can sit back and watch people dying in the most horrific manners.
    well then, what about the Congo, what about Israel, Palestine, Ghana,Sudan, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Liberia the DRC, what about peru and the guerllas of the shining path. Where do you stop, who decides between terrorists or freedom fighters, oprressive regimes or regimes under pressure from terrorists. You believe that the ends justify the means and in your views you seem to believe that the world is black and white. News dearie - it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone can really say Saddam wasn't cruel. And I don't think anyone with a heart can sit back and watch people dying in the most horrific manners.
    We do it all the time, i can't see what the problem is. We sit back and let people in this country die, it happens in america and it happens in third-world countries. But what does the US and UK do? Nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    oil was not the reason for us going to war, i would know, ma dad works for chevron texaco.......

anyway when we invaded kuwait in 1991 (i believe) we didnt take a barrel of their oil, and that was natural gas. iraq even though they have the most oil in the world they have the WORST kind, crude oil.....

get the facts bud.
    get your own facts, we did not invade Kuwait unless you are Iraqi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Well i think the excuse was going to war was very poor as it is. The americans failed and are now trying to cover up their mistakes. You really think they care about people's liberty? I don't think they're going to be going anywhere near zimbabwe or Libya even though they have dictatorships. It's all for the oil; that's all they're interested and being the only superpower.

Iraq is in a right state at the moment, there is no order. There is no government, the Poilice are not even trained. The only order there is in Iraq is guns.
    Excuse for war? So basically if I go out to steal something and while I'm there I prevent a murder happening, I'll still be punished for doing teh stealing in the first place? Ok maybe that's a bad example because I dont' even believe the original motive was wrong. Can't people look at the result more than the motive though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    We do it all the time, i can't see what the problem is. We sit back and let people in this country die, it happens in america and it happens in third-world countries. But what does the US and UK do? Nothing.
    In this country? God nowhere near what happened in Iraq....

ReputationRep:
    exactly, bush may be an idiot in the economy but might actually being doing good there too.....our economy is rising once more!

bush is a leader and he is the person that america needed after september 11.......
    Or maybe that might just be the cyclical economic cycles and its about time for a recovery. btw he is spending your country into huge debt.

ReputationRep:
    We still sit back and let people die, who we could save.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    well then, what about the Congo, what about Israel, Palestine, Ghana,Sudan, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Liberia the DRC, what about peru and the guerllas of the shining path. Where do you stop, who decides between terrorists or freedom fighters, oprressive regimes or regimes under pressure from terrorists. You believe that the ends justify the means and in your views you seem to believe that the world is black and white. News dearie - it isn't.
    freedom fighters are the people that kill others military, not civilians!

and i SUGGEST you dont talk to adshur that way, while she is a top notch person, she is still a moderator

have to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king of swords)
    Once Iraq is sorted out, I'll agree with you but until that day, I'll remain judgemental .
    No one looks at the big picture. But I think in 10 years time the main events will come to the fore and people will realise.

The point of all this was, it's a bit silly saying Bush is an idiot when he has had to cope with SO much and in my honest opinion has done a good job.

ReputationRep:
    So ten peoples lives in Iraq are worth one in Britain, if you believe that lives are so invaluable, then one persons life is not worth a hundred.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    We still sit back and let people die, who we could save.
    No we don't. No one sits back - the police etc are always out to stop cruelty and so is our very fair legal system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    So ten peoples lives in Iraq are worth one in Britain, if you believe that lives are so invaluable, then one persons life is not worth a hundred.
    So your'e saying first sort out britain and THEN iraq? you really think people need help more in Britain where most people have everything compared to those in Iraq. Here you don't have the prime minister's sons going around raping whoever they please.

ReputationRep:
    No we don't. No one sits back - the police etc are always out to stop cruelty and so is our very fair legal system.
    Firstly the police don't, and i'm mainly talking about homeless people who have nowhere to go and freeze to death and die from hunger.

ReputationRep:
    freedom fighters are the people that kill others military, not civilians!

and i SUGGEST you dont talk to adshur that way, while she is a top notch person, she is still a moderator

have to go
    she already threatened to give me neg rep over islam, she can if she wants to. But i am allowed my own view. But freedom fighters still inadvertantly kill civilians, who is a civilian, are the Iraqi police civilians, what about young Israeli men, who serve in the armed forces, even if they are not in uniform.

ReputationRep:

get the facts bud.
    Is Saudi oil the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    she already threatened to give me neg rep over islam, she can if she wants to. But i am allowed my own view. But freedom fighters still inadvertantly kill civilians, who is a civilian, are the Iraqi police civilians, what about young Israeli men, who serve in the armed forces, even if they are not in uniform.
    Eh? what are you on about? neg rep?

ReputationRep:
    So your'e saying first sort out britain and THEN iraq? you really think people need help more in Britain where most people have everything compared to those in Iraq. Here you don't have the prime minister's sons going around raping whoever they please.
    Well, I don't have a view, but problems in Britain are more immediate to me because I live there. Well in Iraq you no longer have the ruler's sons going around raping whoever they want.

negative reputation points, or ban me, or change my posts - but you are too nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Why should someone feel threatened to voice an opinion? What is this forum turning into :rolleyes:

As long as they don't express themselves in an offensive manner or insult people, why should they be threatened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Firstly the police don't, and i'm mainly talking about homeless people who have nowhere to go and freeze to death and die from hunger.
    Everyone is entitled to income support and such too? And even if the scenario you outlined is correct, fair enough that's bad. But it ISNT as bad as things were in Iraq. At least we have democracy.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.