Turn on thread page Beta

Would anyone else agree that Bush is a complete idiot? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Well, I don't have a view, but problems in Britain are more immediate to me because I live there. Well in Iraq you no longer have the ruler's sons going around raping whoever they want.
    Exactly. So that's good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Why should someone feel threatened to voice an opinion? What is this forum turning into :rolleyes:

As long as they don't express themselves in an offensive manner or insult people, why should they be threatened?
    Please don't believe one side of the story and jump to conclusions. I didn'r say any such thing. And if I did, why wouldn't he have already had neg rep? It's quite easy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Everyone is entitled to income support and such too? And even if the scenario you outlined is correct, fair enough that's bad. But it ISNT as bad as things were in Iraq. At least we have democracy.
    Personally i dont believe we should have income support, it is impossible to make eveyone's life perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is entitled to income support and such too? And even if the scenario you outlined is correct, fair enough that's bad. But it ISNT as bad as things were in Iraq. At least we have democracy.
    Not everyone is entitled to income support there are rules for it.
    aah "democracy" that lovely word. I fail to see how we live in a democracy. We live in a society that is run by newspapers, which liase with the government.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't believe one side of the story and jump to conclusions. I didn'r say any such thing. And if I did, why wouldn't he have already had neg rep? It's quite easy...
    I'm not, i think it was curry who said "better be careful adshur is a mod...." I'm not taking sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    aah "democracy" that lovely word. I fail to see how we live in a democracy. We live in a society that is run by newspapers, which liase with the government.
    We don't have to believe the papers. At least we can vote and have freedom of speech. At least the government isn't in favour of bloodshed.

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing how many people forget september 11. *sigh*.
    That is a very good point! But nothing to do with Saddam you got the wrong bad guy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I'm not, i think it was curry who said "better be careful adshur is a mod...." I'm not taking sides.
    Ok. Well, please don't hold it against ME. I would do no such thing. I'm quite enjoying what is a rational discussion. Why would I be so low as to make it personal and take away rep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychologist)
    That is a very good point! But nothing to do with Saddam you got the wrong bad guy!
    It's about fundamentalism. We must take a stand. And teh point was also about what Bush has to deal with. A country that is stricken with terror and distress.

ReputationRep:
    We don't have to believe the papers. At least we can vote and have freedom of speech. At least the government isn't in favour of bloodshed.
    WE don't we are maybe the intelligent people that live in this country. But the majority of the population are ignorant and read the "sun" and have no ideas about politics except for what is fed to them through the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Personally i dont believe we should have income support, it is impossible to make eveyone's life perfect.
    But that would mean higher taxes wouldn't it? Would you mind paying that little bit more to help a nation. Dont suppose you know who is going to lead iraq now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    WE don't we are maybe the intelligent people that live in this country. But the majority of the population are ignorant and read the "sun" and have no ideas about politics except for what is fed to them through the paper.
    the 'common people' are more sophisticated than you give credit for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king of swords)
    Is Saudi oil the same?
    Ok if you're not going to reply to me Curry then I'll say this reguardless....in a chemistry lesson I have been told that oil used by Britain IS from Saudi not just the North Sea and soon little places like the Espoir field in Ivory Coast, Saudi don't have fractional distillation towers that suit their own crude oil and we have more distillation towers that do compared with our number of distillation towers for North Sea gas, so we trade with them, assuming that Iraqi oil is very similar to Saudi oil I'd still see that we could use it, though really it should be used in Iraq for the Iraqis as a foundation for an economy there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychologist)
    But that would mean higher taxes wouldn't it? Would you mind paying that little bit more to help a nation. Dont suppose you know who is going to lead iraq now?
    But if you don't have income support that can lead to higher crime rates as people will need to steal to live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Well that isn't anything to do with the government is it? So what if Sun tries to make money out of exaggeated lies? What's that got to do with anything anyway?

What are you going to do next - sue the television company for putting on ET as it is giving the impression that there are aliens?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    You are mad - we don't live in a democracy, we live in a representative democracy, where we elect representatives to make our decisions. Newspapers do play an important role as they help form our opinions, but you have a whole range of opinions in papers and the internet as well as the BBC (impartial).

ReputationRep:
    I have a George Bush joke....dont know if any1 has posted on here b4, my dad told it to me. (Though actually i dont have much against Mr Bush)

George Bush comes over to England to have tea with the queen and they get in to a very interesting topic.
    George says to her 'I would like America to be called a kingdom'...and the queen replies 'but one cant call it a kingdom because one is not a king.

'O' says George 'well what about a principality?'
    'No' the queen replies 'one cannot call it a principality because one is not a prince'

'Well ok then, but what about an Empire'
    'No, no' the queen replies ;one cannot call it an empire because one is not an emperor'

'O' George ponders..'so what can i call [email protected]
    'Well' Replies the queen 'What is wrong with a country?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    the 'common people' are more sophisticated than you give credit for
    I'm doubtful. The ones i've interacted with makes me quite sceptical.

ReputationRep:
    It's about fundamentalism. We must take a stand. And teh point was also about what Bush has to deal with. A country that is stricken with terror and distress.
    Look I agree things may get better but are you sure you know about the war, why Bush went back? Why Saddam was captured? And how many American and british soldiers the American soldiers killed killed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    i wasnt saying she would ban you i was saying she MIGHT give you bad rep

and mods can give out a LOT of rep points either way

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.