Turn on thread page Beta

Would anyone else agree that Bush is a complete idiot? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I'm doubtful. The ones i've interacted with makes me quite sceptical.
    I don't see what this has got to do with anything. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    get your own facts, we did not invade Kuwait unless you are Iraqi
    we "saved kuwait" then? im confused.......explain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychologist)
    But that would mean higher taxes wouldn't it? Would you mind paying that little bit more to help a nation. Dont suppose you know who is going to lead iraq now?

I don't want higher taxes, Iraq is being led by the Iraqi Governing Council and Paul Bremner (america's special representative) until they can organise fair and impartial elections. (Representative Democracy is not necessarily the best system of government anyway, but America will impose it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    i wasnt saying she would ban you i was saying she MIGHT give you bad rep

and mods can give out a LOT of rep points either way
    Because the person did not share the same opinion. It depends how many posts the mods have anyway. Some non-mods can also give out a lot of rep points as well eg. Mr White.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Or maybe that might just be the cyclical economic cycles and its about time for a recovery. btw he is spending your country into huge debt.
    yes yes i know......... but as studies have shown americans trust their president until the very end..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychologist)
    Look I agree things may get better but are you sure you know about the war, why Bush went back? Why Saddam was captured? And how many American and british soldiers the American soldiers killed killed?
    I don't really want to deal with why they did this and why they did that? The end result was good. Why are people complaining? It disgusts me that if Saddam's regime had carried on, no one would even raise an eyebrow. And now when we do something GOOD for a country, it's criticisms all the way. The killings were unintentional - whats a few unintentional killings if they are supposed to prevent the killing sof hundreds of thousands of others in teh future? The soldiers knew of risks before they enrolled anyway. If the americans wanted to kill saddam straight away they would have...but in the interest of civilians they had to be really careful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Because the person did not share the same opinion. It depends how many posts the mods have anyway. Some non-mods can also give out a lot of rep points as well eg. Mr White.
    exactly and you can give rep for if they have the same opinion........

ReputationRep:
    we "saved kuwait" then? im confused.......explain
    Kuwait was invaded by Iraq and Iraq got kicked out buy the 'West' a while after the Iraq-Iranian war

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I don't really want to deal with why they did this and why they did that? The end result was good. Why are people complaining? It disgusts me that if Saddam's regime had carried on, no one would even raise an eyebrow. And now when we do something GOOD for a country, it's criticisms all the way. The killings were unintentional - whats a few unintentional killings if they are supposed to prevent the killing sof hundreds of thousands of others in teh future? The soldiers knew of risks before they enrolled anyway. If the americans wanted to kill saddam straight away they would have...but in the interest of civilians they had to be really careful.
    now you know wuts its like to be an america

im signing out again im SUPPOSED to be cleaning my room

ReputationRep:
    Yep, why don't we invade Zimbabwe, i mean Mugabe is a racist imbicile.

ReputationRep:
    exactly and you can give rep for if they have the same opinion........
    I won't take away rep for something like a different opinion. I am quite selective with my negative rep actually since I can only ever give it every day or two....and only people who i want to affect the rep of adversely.

ReputationRep:
    If the americans wanted to kill saddam straight away they would have...but in the interest of civilians they had to be really careful.
    They couldn't, they had no way of doing it. They didn't have the intelligence to do it. Mosad could have done it and maybe the SAS but not the americans. Might i remind you of the americans excellent military planning with the "bay of pigs" in Cuba, or Vietnam. The americans have never been good at their military intelligence - that's why september 11 happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Personally I don't think rep should be used on opinions because that gives people the incentive to agree with the general trend. It should be used on how you argue your point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Yep, why don't we invade Zimbabwe, i mean Mugabe is a racist imbicile.
    I don't have the facts on the matter, but let me tell you I heard about Saddam (even before the war) a lot more than this guy which gives the impression that Saddam is worse. We might not really have solid proof against the guy you mentioned. And anyway, if we did that country people would complain about not invading iraq first etc....you can't please everyone. People would always think up excuses to criticise america.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    They couldn't, they had no way of doing it. They didn't have the intelligence to do it. Mosad could have done it and maybe the SAS but not the americans. Might i remind you of the americans excellent military planning with the "bay of pigs" in Cuba, or Vietnam. The americans have never been good at their military intelligence - that's why september 11 happened.
    I don't think it's that easy for them to think that september 11 would ever happen. Somethingh as despicable as that is hard to imagine and hard to prevent.

As for the "now way of doing it" comment, my point was that americans thought in the best interest of those at war and the civilians of iraq - they were very careful, which shows that they aren't just out to kill, and it isn't just a power struggle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Personally I don't think rep should be used on opinions because that gives people the incentive to agree with the general trend. It should be used on how you argue your point.
    I agree.

Well, as expected I certainly have got negative rep out of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    You cannot make such a sweeping statement, anyway Mosad are so barbaric they probably would have just nuked them anyway. The problem is, you cannot assasinate a foregin leader becasue that is involvement in the internal affairs of a foreign country (against the UN charter). You would have to use an Iraqi to get close enough, who do you trust, it really is not that easy. The americans would be capable of doing it, the SAS are probably the best in terms of expertise but then as modern day special forces, they have probably been around the longest. You also have to find who is actually Saddam, not just his body doubles. What the Americans never got in Vietnam was "hearts and minds" were important. There is a similar problem in Iraq as to actually speaking hte language.

btw i think you watch too many military programs

ReputationRep:
    I don't have the facts on the matter, but let me tell you I heard about Saddam (even before the war) a lot more than this guy which gives the impression that Saddam is worse. We might not really have solid proof against the guy you mentioned. And anyway, if we did that country people would complain about not invading iraq first etc....you can't please everyone. People would always think up excuses to criticise america.
    happened anyway - who gave you the neg rep (you are a mod)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's that easy for them to think that september 11 would ever happen. Somethingh as despicable as that is hard to imagine and hard to prevent.

As for the "now way of doing it" comment, my point was that americans thought in the best interest of those at war and the civilians of iraq - they were very careful, which shows that they aren't just out to kill, and it isn't just a power struggle.
    september 11th happened because we didnt have search warrents on the terrorists........not because our intell is bad

ReputationRep:

It's best for civilians if the americans fly over the country at night in B-52 bombers dropping bombs all over the cities. It's best for the civilians that the americans used cluster bombs - i thought those were made illegal. It looks like america is above the military law. Might i also remind you of them breaking the geneva convention with Saddam. I won't even go into Guantanamo bay.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.