Turn on thread page Beta

Would anyone else agree that Bush is a complete idiot? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    happened anyway - who gave you the neg rep (you are a mod)
    Mods can't tell who gives them rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It's best for civilians if the americans fly over the country at night in B-52 bombers dropping bombs all over the cities. It's best for the civilians that the americans used cluster bombs - i thought those were made illegal. It looks like america is above the military law. Might i also remind you of them breaking the geneva convention with Saddam. I won't even go into Guantanamo bay.
    they arent illegal, they are just unsafe.....

and everyone could go on about the brits too.......remember those massacres in india? yeah, ive heard all about that, how you guys would purposely kill the women and children, dont even get me on about that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    september 11th happened because we didnt have search warrents on the terrorists........not because our intell is bad
    You are meant to be cleaning your room and what good would search warrants have done, you cannot search everyone. Search warrants are good anyway because they prevent police arbitraily deciding that because you are pissing them off they will be a nuisence to you.

ReputationRep:

and everyone could go on about the brits too.......remember those massacres in india? yeah, ive heard all about that, how you guys would purposely kill the women and children, dont even get me on about that!
    must go again!

ReputationRep:
    september 11th happened because we didnt have search warrents on the terrorists........not because our intell is bad
    I hope you're joking.

The security for internal flights is appalling. September 11 took ages to plan and the americans didn't even twig to the fact there was a terrorist attack until the second plane hit the towers. UK intelligence is so much better, we're pro-active whereas the americans are reactive. You only have to look at the potential suicide bombers that were caught in Leicester. The UK intelligence has already stopped plenty of potential threats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It's best for civilians if the americans fly over the country at night in B-52 bombers dropping bombs all over the cities. It's best for the civilians that the americans used cluster bombs - i thought those were made illegal. It looks like america is above the military law. Might i also remind you of them breaking the geneva convention with Saddam. I won't even go into Guantanamo bay.
    There weren't that many civilian casualties in my opinion. Not compared to how many there could have been with carelessness. Dropping bombs all over the cities? you talk as though they're kids with water balloons...they were targeted precisely and accurately.

They didn't exactly humiliate Saddam on tv? Not taht i care if they treat him with no respect. But they are doing so.

ReputationRep:

I won't defend the UK army or anything they have done to do with the killing of anyone else, as i believe it's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I hope you're joking.

The security for internal flights is appalling. September 11 took ages to plan and the americans didn't even twig to the fact there was a terrorist attack until the second plane hit the towers. UK intelligence is so much better, we're pro-active whereas the americans are reactive. You only have to look at the potential suicide bombers that were caught in Leicester. The UK intelligence has already stopped plenty of potential threats.
    It is not as easy as it sounds to be open and prepared for such an attack. Why hold it against them if they were unable to find out the plans through the evil cunningness of the terrorists?

ReputationRep:

Hey don't go on about the brits. I am defending your country in this argument! lol. Why the revenge? We are talking about Bush, don't start taking it personally. It's quite easy to be judgmental on issues where you really don;t know half teh story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    there are different types of cluster bombs and who can make them illegal anyway, the UN, no that again is tyranny by the majority or mob rule. The Geneva convention is only stuck by in the vain atttempt that people will reciprocate the arrangement with your own soldiers. There is no military law and collateral damage will nearly always happen due to human error. Guantanamo bay is actually if not legal, not technically illegal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    there are different types of cluster bombs and who can make them illegal anyway, the UN, no that again is tyranny by the majority or mob rule. The Geneva convention is only stuck by in the vain atttempt that people will reciprocate the arrangement with your own soldiers. There is no military law and collateral damage will nearly always happen due to human error. Guantanamo bay is actually if not legal, not technically illegal.
    Out of interest JSM, why are yuo on negative rep? You sound sensible...*shrug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    There weren't that many civilian casualties in my opinion. Not compared to how many there could have been with carelessness. Dropping bombs all over the cities? you talk as though they're kids with water balloons...they were targeted precisely and accurately.

They didn't exactly humiliate Saddam on tv? Not taht i care if they treat him with no respect. But they are doing so.
    But the ameriacans did complain when their troops were shown captured on TV.

ReputationRep:
    It is not as easy as it sounds to be open and prepared for such an attack. Why hold it against them if they were unable to find out the plans through the evil cunningness of the terrorists?
    "cunningness"??

They took flying lessons in the US, they asked how to fly a boeing 747, they didn't want to know how to land or take-off a plane. To me this is slghtly suspiscious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    But the ameriacans did complain when their troops were shown captured on TV.
    That was different - they showed american soldiers lying there dead when the families of these people could well be watching them on tv...

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest JSM, why are yuo on negative rep? You sound sensible...*shrug*
    because people are ignorant Luddites and becasue sometimes i espouse views or at least help shore up views that are offensive to certain people or groups. I got to neg rep on a rugby thread by saying I preferred rugby to football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    "cunningness"??

They took flying lessons in the US, they asked how to fly a boeing 747, they didn't want to know how to land or take-off a plane. To me this is slghtly suspiscious.
    lol!!! sorry for the awkward vocab.

Well, in hindsight it does seem strange, but no one had thought that such an attack was even possible...I doubt anyone would really have thought that the planes would be used as bombs. And suicide bombers aren't exactly that common. Well they weren't at the time. What do you expect? every place in america to have guards with guns standing outside?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    because people are ignorant Luddites and becasue sometimes i espouse views or at least help shore up views that are offensive to certain people or groups. I got to neg rep on a rugby thread by saying I preferred rugby to football.
    That is ludicrous.

Ah well, I get neg rep all the time because people don't like my gems. (and they admit that!)

ReputationRep:
    lol!!! sorry for the awkward vocab.

Well, in hindsight it does seem strange, but no one had thought that such an attack was even possible...I doubt anyone would really have thought that the planes would be used as bombs. And suicide bombers aren't exactly that common. Well they weren't at the time. What do you expect? every place in america to have guards with guns standing outside?
    I wasn't referring to the vocabulary that you used.

What use would armed guards be? We don't have them here and we haven't had a terrorist attcack yet.

I expect strong military intelligence so they should have been able to prevent an attack that was planned years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I wasn't referring to the vocabulary that you used.

What use would armed guards be? We don't have them here and we haven't had a terrorist attcack yet.

I expect strong military intelligence so they should have been able to prevent an attack that was planned years ago.
    I wasn't exactly being serious about the guard stuff.

As I said, it's easy to say that in hindsight.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't exactly being serious about the guard stuff.

As I said, it's easy to say that in hindsight.
    It always is.

But they really have to improve their intelligence and pro-active and prevent attacks when they're in the planning stage and not the implementing level.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.