Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Benidorm for 17 year olds? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Benidorm is a good place to go on holiday this summer, theres four of us and we'll all be 17?

We're looking for a good nightlife (preferably without lots of chavs), and we want to be able to get into all bars/clubs without ID.

Also, we want a fairly cheap package holiday, does anyone know if its cheap there?

ReputationRep:
    oh there will be chavs!
    but no i.d, spain is over 16 i think!

ReputationRep:
    Benidorm is quite cheap, but the theme parks there are pretty pricey.
    The clubs are good value though, you can get into a nice one for 15Euros, which is way cheaper than Ayia Napa
    It's quite the beachy holiday though as opposed to the great nightlife which you're supposedly looking for.

It's a great place though, well worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofierce)
    Does anyone know if Benidorm is a good place to go on holiday this summer, theres four of us and we'll all be 17?

We're looking for a good nightlife (preferably without lots of chavs), and we want to be able to get into all bars/clubs without ID.

Also, we want a fairly cheap package holiday, does anyone know if its cheap there?
    it's really chavvy and its literally full of tower blocks.
    i'd suggest zante or malia? theyre like the new ibiza with less chavs but a great night life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleApricot)
    oh there will be chavs!
    but no i.d, spain is over 16 i think!
    It's definitely not 16 but they're quite lax so it's not always a problem but you may get turned away from some places. They're more concerned that guys where trousers, shoes and shirts even in the boiling heat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RaspberryHaze)
    i'd suggest zante or malia? theyre like the new ibiza with less chavs but a great night life!
    Im quite put off now! Basically the parents of one of my friends who is coming dont want her to go anywhere further than spain (Frustrating, nothing I can do about it)

So does anyone know anywhere else thats good in Spain? Otherwise I guess Benidorm is probably our best bet, I just HATE chavs

Thanks for the replies!

ReputationRep:
    Benidorm is absolute chav heaven, sorry.

We visited for a day (for a laugh, we knew what to expect) and it's just a dire place. The waterpark is good, and Tony Romas restaurant does fantastic ribs though :P

ReputationRep:
    Might as well go to Blackpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RaspberryHaze)
    ibiza isnt full of chavs, its too expensive
    magaluf is full of chavs if anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    It's definitely not 16 but they're quite lax so it's not always a problem but you may get turned away from some places. They're more concerned that guys where trousers, shoes and shirts even in the boiling heat
    16 is the legal drinking age in spain .. not saying they will let under 18s into some clubs though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC_x)
    16 is the legal drinking age in spain .. not saying they will let under 18s into some clubs though.
    Sorry yeah I wasn't very clear I was refering to the clubs. Drinking age is indeed 16.

ReputationRep:
    anywhere affordable offering a busy nightlife will be tacky and fulll of chavs. Their often harmless though and everyones in good spirit usually and the other people wont ruin your holiday.

How about Teneriffe? If nothing else but to piss off your friends parents. Further than Morrocco, but technically still spain.

ReputationRep:
    go malaga

ReputationRep:
    What's a good place to go in Greece that isn't overrun with chavs but still has decent nightlife and beaches?

ReputationRep:
    Blackpool with sun, go somewhere aimed at younger people

ReputationRep:

Hi OP,

I went to Ibiza when I was 17 and there was no problem with I.D. whatsoever there, everywhere just assumes your 18+, but you can buy alcohol at the age of 16 anyway. I went to the worlds largest club (it was over-rated!) to see Tiesto. I advise ANYONE going there NOT to go to Eden- partly because i HATE trance music and that's all they play xD Es paradice is OK though. We met a bunch of people & our last night of the holiday ended up being the best as we ended up going to the smaller cheaper clubs- wish we'd went there the whole time! We paid £500 for self-catered and flights WITH air-con (important) but we didn't hunt around much so we could've probably got it cheaper. Me and my friend spent waaaayyy too much money though, as Ibiza is expensive if you don't hunt around & go to the right places. Overall Ibiza wasn't really my scene, a bit too chavvy and more for the 21+, but I had a good time all the same. highlight- discovring the exsistence of weed flavoured alcohol and contemplating buying my mum some LOL. Lowlight- £££ & the 30's crowd.

ReputationRep:
    Im quite put off now! Basically the parents of one of my friends who is coming dont want her to go anywhere further than spain (Frustrating, nothing I can do about it)

So does anyone know anywhere else thats good in Spain? Otherwise I guess Benidorm is probably our best bet, I just HATE chavs

Thanks for the replies!
    hmm what about like portugal? or menorca? or majorca?

aha just dont go to magaluf a.k.a. shagaluf- literally chavviest place on earth :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Mallorca and Palma, the capital, has a great night life, although it's a bit pricey if you don't know where to go. Absolutely avoid places like Arenal (full of Germans) or Magaluf (full of British) and you'll be fine.

Other than that, try Madrid or Barcelona, and although they can get quite pricey, I'm sure you'll enjoy them a lot more than a place which you go just for clubbing!

ReputationRep:
    Magaluf is a dirt hole. Ibiza is fine because its an older crowd and theres good music and nightlife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    Might as well go to Blackpool.
    wtf blackpool iz sickkkk. it not full of chavs mate:confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.