Turn on thread page Beta

Am I paranoid about a long distance relationship? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a long distance relationship going with my girlfriend for various reasons.

To cut a long story short, I know she loves me, but from what I know of her, I know she has weak willpower, and often acts out of character when drunk.

She swears blind she'd never cheat, but I just can't get the thought of my head that she might and it drives me crazy....

Is this a natural feeling? Am I being paranoid?

Surely if I can't trust her the relationship is doomed, right?

She has stressed that she is more worried about me cheating, and assures me she never would.

At the end of the day, I adore her, and don't want to break this off, but surely this is just a disaster if I can't trust her?

ReputationRep:
    You need to have a long hard conversation with her about this, and make sure you get plenty of reassurances.

I'm kind of going throuhg the same thing right now, but perhaps a little worse as i actually caught my boyfriend on a dating website...

i lost the trust, but he's been slowly trying to build it back.
    You've got to ask yourself the question : how much will your insecurities affect the relationship? If you become needy and constantly worrying, it's not healthy for you or her, and that's when you need to either try your hardest to put it aside, or break up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.