Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need to improve THIS aspect of my life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok im 21 and successful, no material things I want since I have it all already, 7/10 looks, about to get a 1st class computer science degree, got lots of friends, travelled the world, lived in aus, did have a fiance until 2 days ago, got a decent car, can go anywhere i want, always have money to do stuff, play sports, got sense of humour etc.

But I'm looking for an amazing girl who actually makes me laugh and on the very occasional occasion im down can make me happy rather than the other way round all the time.

How can I be happier?

(obviously start new sports, get some cool posters to wake up to in my room)

ReputationRep:
    A girlfriend will never make you happier unless you find the happiness in yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    A girlfriend will never make you happier unless you find the happiness in yourself!
    Women won't make you happy.

As for finding that one, get looking, there are a ton to get through, so I suggest you date about 5 at a time, all the time at least. There are a lot to get through if you are really going to find the one for you rather than the first thing that crops up.

Oh and relating to CompSci, mind giving me a shout about job hunting and things on PM (oh and looking for internships etc, can't ever get too much advice from elders!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    Its not like I'm miserable.
    RIGHT so what do you do to be so happy then?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried homosexuality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Oh and relating to CompSci, mind giving me a shout about job hunting and things on PM (oh and looking for internships etc, can't ever get too much advice from elders!)
    I would recommend expanding your search area to the entire country or beyond, try every trick in the book including creating false competition for you between companies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clubeasy_worst_landlord)
    I would recommend expanding your search area to the entire country or beyond, try every trick in the book including creating false competition for you between companies.
    Heh, sounds much like trying to get women, make them think that they are in competition over you.

ReputationRep:
    Its not like I'm miserable.
    RIGHT so what do you do to be so happy then?
    Sorry, I didn't mean to sound harsh! You sound pretty sorted, it's good :yep:
    Erm, I work on the principle of being balanced in all areas - a bit like you actually - e.g. looking after my body, school life, family life, friend life, future dream life, creative life and romantic life. If that makes sense. I will explain moreif you want!

ReputationRep:
    Buy one of those white-filled birthday cakes from Costco and eat the whole thing over about a week. It did wonders for me

ReputationRep:
    did have a fiance til 2 days ago? thats a very casual drop in of a big statement! how can you be thinking of finding another girl already?? live a little!!

ReputationRep:
    You broke it off with your fiance only two days ago and you're already on the prowl? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    how can you break off from your fiance and not even be a little bit bummed out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SouthernFreerider)
    how can you break off from your fiance and not even be a little bit bummed out?
    i am bummed out, i dont want to show it and just want to quickly fill that void with someone great!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, what the others said. Seriously though. Single for two days? This new amazing girl you're eagerly awaiting for won't drop out of the sky and into your hands and automatically be wowed by your life resume of a first, a few holidays and a bunch of mates.

ReputationRep:
    i am bummed out, i dont want to show it and just want to quickly fill that void with someone great!
    And it will happen! Just like that! :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Forget that, you'll never find someone that quickly. In the mean time you can go and get laid like a couch in dfs!

ReputationRep:
    Women won't make you happy.

As for finding that one, get looking, there are a ton to get through, so I suggest you date about 5 at a time, all the time at least. There are a lot to get through if you are really going to find the one for you rather than the first thing that crops up.

Amen. For every potential girl you find, there'll be 30 weird /ugly/fat/boring/insecure ones.

ReputationRep:
    Forget that, you'll never find someone that quickly. In the mean time you can go and get laid like a couch in dfs!
    that is if they are all sold. There was a big sale recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jon838)
    that is if they are all sold. There was a big sale recently.
    Very true.

ReputationRep:

you won't do it quickly man. breakups suck, but rebounds suck too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.