Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    soo I split up with boyfriend of 3 years in September and since then got with various guys on the rebound. But I met this guy about a month ago and I saw it as kind of a holiday romance (uni ski trip!) but he somehow he found me on facebook and asked me out on a date. So we've been talking for about the last 3 weeks. Seen each other quite a bit. I don't really know what to do next, I'm a bit clueless about dating!

So far the signs are very good, he's made alot of effort, took me on 2 really nice dates, seems to be a lovely guy. If you're "seeing" someone, how often should you speak? I think he's interested in me and all my friends are pretty certain he is. We last spoke last night briefly on facebook chat, how often in your opinions should we speak? I don't wanna seem too keen but similarly I don't want to appear uninterested.

Got quite a busy week this week and away on holiday the week after but I want to see him before! I miss him alot! arghhh I don't really know what I'm asking here maybe just a little bit of advice on how I can keep it going well!

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by storminaDcup)
    soo I split up with boyfriend of 3 years in September and since then got with various guys on the rebound. But I met this guy about a month ago and I saw it as kind of a holiday romance (uni ski trip!) but he somehow he found me on facebook and asked me out on a date. So we've been talking for about the last 3 weeks. Seen each other quite a bit. I don't really know what to do next, I'm a bit clueless about dating!

So far the signs are very good, he's made alot of effort, took me on 2 really nice dates, seems to be a lovely guy. If you're "seeing" someone, how often should you speak? I think he's interested in me and all my friends are pretty certain he is. We last spoke last night briefly on facebook chat, how often in your opinions should we speak? I don't wanna seem too keen but similarly I don't want to appear uninterested.

Got quite a busy week this week and away on holiday the week after but I want to see him before! I miss him alot! arghhh I don't really know what I'm asking here maybe just a little bit of advice on how I can keep it going well!

thanks
    The only problem i find is..he found you on facebook. I mean i understand he may sound nice but how attached is he onto you literally? Thats what i'm thinking with your situation.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's different for everyone. With my partner, we've had some form of contact every day since we met. 10-20 texts every day, I guess, with occasional chats on facebook and phonecalls when we were apart over Christmas. I actually did suggest we contact each other less, but he said it would be weird not having my strange little texts to read at work. Whatever works, I suppose!

What's best is what's most comfortable for both of you. Don't bombard the lad, but equally don't just leave him hanging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fourdigit)
    The only problem i find is..he found you on facebook. I mean i understand he may sound nice but how attached is he onto you literally? Thats what i'm thinking with your situation.
    my brother's friend's brother found me on facebook and added me

what's your point?

OP why don't you try discussing this with him? be honest, say you like him but don't want things to move to fast etc and see what he says?

ReputationRep:
    Finding the balance shouldn't be hard - let him contact you, but also do a bit of contacting yourself. You say you want to see him before you go away, so why don't you? Surely you have space for lunch/dinner/coffee with him beforehand? I hope it goes well. (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    my brother's friend's brother found me on facebook and added me

what's your point?

OP why don't you try discussing this with him? be honest, say you like him but don't want things to move to fast etc and see what he says?
    Just saying that if i was in the OP situation and opposite, i would have got her number than finding someone on facebook. I suppose.. people have different methods of interaction. Ah well..

ReputationRep:
    Go see him.. Btw can i come on that holiday too.. I need a break

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.