Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, my question is do you think its possible to maybe get a transfer to LSE from University of Glasgow ?

A bit about me:im 20, British-Turk, born and bred Londoner and im about to leave my beloved London for Glasgow to do Economics this september.

Uni of Glasgow: Top 20 unis in the UK, Top 15 Unis for Economics in the UK and Top 100 unis in the world.

I am going to go to Glasgow but during my first year i want to take a gamble and try to get a transfer to LSE, I want to get a transfer so i start from the 2nd year but if its not possible i will accept starting from 1st year again(but i will be 22 if i do start from 1st year ). What i want to know is who has had a transfer to LSE before, What type of grades do i need at Glasgow to get a transfer and any tips or hints from LSE guys!

Id be so grateful if you guys could help me

ReputationRep:
    Transferring into 2nd year will be very, very unlikely. As for first year, you can do it, but you'd have to get a reference and stuff from Glasgow I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swayum)
    Transferring into 2nd year will be very, very unlikely. As for first year, you can do it, but you'd have to get a reference and stuff from Glasgow I think.
    Id doubt that would be a problem, what do you think the entry requirement would be ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tolgahan09)
    Hey guys, my question is do you think its possible to maybe get a transfer to LSE from University of Glasgow ?

A bit about me:im 20, British-Turk, born and bred Londoner and im about to leave my beloved London for Glasgow to do Economics this september.

Uni of Glasgow: Top 20 unis in the UK, Top 15 Unis for Economics in the UK and Top 100 unis in the world.

I am going to go to Glasgow but during my first year i want to take a gamble and try to get a transfer to LSE, I want to get a transfer so i start from the 2nd year but if its not possible i will accept starting from 1st year again(but i will be 22 if i do start from 1st year ). What i want to know is who has had a transfer to LSE before, What type of grades do i need at Glasgow to get a transfer and any tips or hints from LSE guys!

Economics course at LSE is only 3 year so you will graduate at same age as you do at Glasgow?

ReputationRep:
    Id doubt that would be a problem, what do you think the entry requirement would be ?
    Exactly the same as if you were applying post A-Levels: excellent statement, flawless grades, great reference, experience if possible, extra-curricular if applicable. And same is required for transfer into second year, as well as getting at least a 2:1 or maybe even a 1st depending on the university, in your first year.

ReputationRep:

You are not even close to being good enough to transfer into LSE. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    You are not even close to being good enough to transfer into LSE. Sorry.
    You donn't even know him (or his grades for that matter) so shut up.

At OP, I do not think it is possible. Unless you get like 85% in all your modules at Glasgow in first year, even then doubtful.

Many people within LSE already try to change to BSc Economics from variant courses and at least my year I know it was oversubscribed and most from within were not even allowed to switch (after first year) so why should someone from the outside? Even if he starts first year again?

I am not saying do not try, but just do not get your hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    You donn't even know him (or his grades for that matter) so shut up.

At OP, I do not think it is possible. Unless you get like 85% in all your modules at Glasgow in first year, even then doubtful.

Many people within LSE already try to change to BSc Economics from variant courses and at least my year I know it was oversubscribed and most from within were not even allowed to switch (after first year) so why should someone from the outside? Even if he starts first year again?

I am not saying do not try, but just do not get your hopes up.

Fine. OP Your are an amazing candidate who is actually too good for LSE. Harvard might be a better place to transfer to.

Which do you prefer, the truth or the lie?

ReputationRep:
    Fine. OP Your are an amazing candidate who is actually too good for LSE. Harvard might be a better place to transfer to.

Which do you prefer, the truth or the lie?
    your supposed "truth" was backed up by nothing. if you read my post you will actually see that I say the same as you - hardly any chance - but I give reasons.

/close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    your supposed "truth" was backed up by nothing. if you read my post you will actually see that I say the same as you - hardly any chance - but I give reasons.

/close.

i'm just giving my opinion. Glasgow->LSE is pretty rare. he probs has BBB or the like at a-level so its just not realisticly going to happen.
    His best option is to get a good first and apply for a masters at LSE.
    best of luck with it

ReputationRep:
    i'm just giving my opinion. Glasgow->LSE is pretty rare. he probs has BBB or the like at a-level so its just not realisticly going to happen.
    His best option is to get a good first and apply for a masters at LSE.
    best of luck with it
    To get into glasgow you need AAB(AAA if you resit) not BBB.

ReputationRep:
    I heard that LSE economics dept accepts 1 transfer student into the 2nd year every year. Just one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frontier)
    I heard that LSE economics dept accepts 1 transfer student into the 2nd year every year. Just one

THE ONE

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 10, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.