Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applied to Geography and Planning? or just planning cos most dont realise cardiff offers geography tbh. I have got my offer cos Im on a gap year this just wondered if anyone else had applied!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spudhead1991)
    Is anyone applied to Geography and Planning? or just planning cos most dont realise cardiff offers geography tbh. I have got my offer cos Im on a gap year this just wondered if anyone else had applied!
    It's the planning course with a few additional modules in each year I think.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for the BSc City and Regional Planning (: What offer did you get, if you dont mind telling me?

ReputationRep:
    my offer was ABB but i got AAA in my exams anyway but i think BBB for city and regional but not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arkbar)
    It's the planning course with a few additional modules in each year I think.
    Quite, so not a "real" geography degree then. The joint honours with geography isn't RTPI accredited, is it?

If it was then I'd chose it over the straight planning degree if I were to do a second (or should that be third?) undergrad degree. Still, not going to happen now, can't be arsed with another three or four years as an undergrad. If I do it'll be Newcastle so I can save on living costs but I doubt it's going to happen. Have to embrace postgrad someday :p:

Apart from this I have nothing to offer to this thread OP, sometimes the course forums are more active than uni forums (especially for applicants) so it might be worth checking the town planning application thread. Unfortunately, it looks like no one has unstickied the previous cycle's application thread and created a new one so both this year's and last year's are mixed together

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=690333

I'll try and separate them later and create a new thread for this current cycle later. Looks like the previous architecture application thread is still a sticky and no one's bothered asking for it to be unstickied (and new one stickied) :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    im doing the geography/planning degree, iv no interest in doing either later in life really cos i wanna teach but geography was my most enjoyable subject and didnt wanna do any physical geography cos id got bored of it by the time i got to A level. thanks anyway for that though, i dont think the whole planning department is particularly big at cardiff so finding people who are doing the same course or in the department is quite hard work at times.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.