Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How does Oxford view A-levels taken via distance learning? Favorably or unfavorably? I am looking at doing both a French and History A-level from NEC, but I am a bit worried that neither course requires any coursework to be handed in. Here's what NEC has to say about each subject:

For French: No coursework. 1 spoken (15mins) and 1 written exam for both the AS and A2.

For History: Coursework - 2 written exams for the AS, each 1hr20mins and worth 60 marks. 1 written exam (2hrs) and 1 coursework task for the A2.

When it comes time to send samples of my coursework in, I wouldn't have any from my A-levels! :eek3:

Thanks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't think they'll have a problem with it per se, but as you say, not having any samples of coursework from your A-levels could be a bit of a disadvantage...:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what I do, but in a school environment.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've misinterpreted the word "coursework". I think you will have to write essays for them - http://www.nec.ac.uk/courses/cis?cou...d=81&print_p=1 talks about allowing extra time for the 7 assingments. Yes none of these will count towards your final grade, but this doesn't matter for Oxford, you'll still have essays to send in as examples of written work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.