Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How does Oxford view A-levels taken via distance learning? Favorably or unfavorably? I am looking at doing both a French and History A-level from NEC, but I am a bit worried that neither course requires any coursework to be handed in. Here's what NEC has to say about each subject:

For French: No coursework. 1 spoken (15mins) and 1 written exam for both the AS and A2.

For History: Coursework - 2 written exams for the AS, each 1hr20mins and worth 60 marks. 1 written exam (2hrs) and 1 coursework task for the A2.

When it comes time to send samples of my coursework in, I wouldn't have any from my A-levels! :eek3:

Thanks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't think they'll have a problem with it per se, but as you say, not having any samples of coursework from your A-levels could be a bit of a disadvantage...:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what I do, but in a school environment.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've misinterpreted the word "coursework". I think you will have to write essays for them - http://www.nec.ac.uk/courses/cis?cou...d=81&print_p=1 talks about allowing extra time for the 7 assingments. Yes none of these will count towards your final grade, but this doesn't matter for Oxford, you'll still have essays to send in as examples of written work.

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.