Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ok, so there's this girl I met during the first week on uni, she's in most of my lectures, I speak to her probably about once or twice a week, but dont really know her that well. A few weeks ago (for whatever reason) I started to see her in a completely different way, and I cant tell if she has made more of an effort to talk to me or if I have just been paying more attention, either way, we do a course which has flocks of socially inept geeks (a category which I myself fit snugly inside off) so inevitably she has a few admirers, I am wondering how I can drop a few subtle hints to her, without becoming just another sad act to add to the list.

ReputationRep:
    Man up! Turn on the charm switch and she'll get the idea.

That said, if she's not paying much interest to you then anything you do will most likely be digging yourself a position on the sad act list.

ReputationRep:
    Make some eye contact, continue talking to her, and maybe suggest meeting up for a study session?

(Original post by ed_jnr)
    Man up! Turn on the charm switch and she'll get the idea.

That said, if she's not paying much interest to you then anything you do will most likely be digging yourself a position on the sad act list.
    pfff, I'm about as charming as gordon brown at a funeral, of course such a negative attitude doesn't help either, but you get the idea.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of girls do not like charmers anyway..

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It's an old one but apparently you should just be yourself. Now, I'm in 2 minds about that tho.

On one hand, I find myself boring and whatnot so being myself doesn't get me very far, on the other hand, being yourself is easy and if they like you like that then you're never pretending.

That probably doesn't help much so all I would suggest is go for it. You never know until you try.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Ask her if she need a 'hand' with anything. She'll get the picture =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edycal)
    Ask her if she need a 'hand' with anything. She'll get the picture =)
    lol. Tell her that you find friendships hard to stay abreast of, but that you're sure that your relationship will continue to stay erect. And although love is a well mass-debated subject, you believe the thrust of the concept to be true.

It may be hard for her to wrap her hands around what you're trying to say here, though, if you avoid stiff, rigid movements and just keep relaxed about the whole thing, she will surely get the gist of your oral exchanges.

Whatever you do, to truly win over a girl you must enter her deep and really get to know what is inside of her. As long as you follow what i've said, a relationship between you two is sure to come quickly.

Before physically entering a relationship of this emotional grandeur though you must think long and hard whether she is the right girl for you and most of all, that you will be have sufficient emotional protection if she decides to blow you off.

...If that all fails, attempt the tried and tested chat-up method of "you'll do".

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Well you can either:
    1. Fail by never asking her out.
    2. Ask her out and, perhaps by some miracle, it’ll turn out that girls like to play the relationship game as well. You might even end up getting married and having babies. Or maybe you'll fail honestly because she'll say no. Either way you'll have fun.

Ask her out for coffee and a polite conversation, just think of it as entertainment rather than a date :yep:. Go on wit ya...

Go on...

Go on, go on, go on, go on. GO ON!

ReputationRep:
    This is rather sweet

I agree with Hippopothomas, ask her if she wants to go for a coffee after lectures. Find out if you have any mutual interests and suggest doing something fun!

Good luck!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.