Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If a girl hits a guy, a guy has the right to hit back? Watch

• View Poll Results: If a girl hits a guy, a guy has the right to hit back?
    I'm a girl - YES
    7.14%
    I'm a girl - NO
    28.57%
    I'm a guy - YES
    35.71%
    I'm a guy - NO
    21.43%
    Only if she is fat
    7.14%

ReputationRep:
    If a girl hits a guy, a guy has the right to hit back?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm against sexism and discrimination, so I believe a male has every right to hit the female if they would if she was male.

Obviously as in self-defence or if she's a rapist or something, rather than for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    I punch harder than some males I know.

So yes, if there's good reason to do so, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    I voted no, but i suppose it depends why and actually how bad it was, coz if i hit my bf i'm sure it would hurt at all, coz i just cant hit lol
    I agree that in self defence maybe it would be okay but it does really depend on each situation
    xx

ReputationRep:
    If ANYONE hits you, you should never hit back. You should take the upper-hand and try to walk off.

Plus, I don't think it's right for any girl to hit a guy, or any guy to hit a girl. Unless they've been cheating, then one *not-too-hard* slap would be understandable. Not condonable, but understandable.

ReputationRep:
    If a girl hits a guy, properly - so not just a slap or something trivial but a proper blow, he definitely has the right (in my eyes) to hit her back even if it is not defensive.

What kind of message does it send out if the guy shouldn't hit back? That girls can just go around hitting guys without any retaliation? I don't think so. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accalia)
    If ANYONE hits you, you should never hit back. You should take the upper-hand and try to walk off.
    That'll sure show them.

Assuming by "take the upper-hand" you mean "take their leading arm and snap it on itself by the elbow".

ReputationRep:
    Not if he wants to be shooting blanks for the rest of his life when she finally comes round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    That'll sure show them.

Assuming by "take the upper-hand" you mean "take their leading arm and snap it on itself by the elbow".
    Interpret it however you like :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I swallow
    There.

ReputationRep:
    No because the typical guy is stronger than the typical woman. If a child hits you you don't punch the child back. Generally if someone's weaker than you you shouldn't lay into them. Obviously if the woman is equally matched then fine, punch back and suffer the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    If someone attacks me I'll break their jaw.
    Don't give a **** if it's got a tit or a ****.

ReputationRep:

Plus, I don't think it's right for any girl to hit a guy, or any guy to hit a girl. Unless they've been cheating, then one *not-too-hard* slap would be understandable. Not condonable, but understandable.
    but as soon as you say that you can probably justify it in looooads of situations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Actually women usually have tits :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    You wouldn't be saying that if that "someone" was big, black, hench and raw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    If a girl hits a guy, properly - so not just a slap or something trivial but a proper blow, he definitely has the right (in my eyes) to hit her back even if it is not defensive.

What kind of message does it send out if the guy shouldn't hit back? That girls can just go around hitting guys without any retaliation? I don't think so. :erm:
    Exactly this! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Why am I not surprised by the poll results? :p:

First, I'm a girl that NEVER hits anyone. I despise girls that hit guys and think guys shouldn't hit back, but I still don't think a guy should hit back. Think of the social implications: A guy hitting a girl is usually wrong, even if it is in self-defense. Most guys hit harder than girls. Unfortunately, men physically are stronger than women. In most cases, hitting a girl will hurt her worse than the hit she gave him. The right thing to do is walk away and that goes for both sexes. Besides, mental harm does worse than physical. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Under UK law reasonable force can be used, so the guy has every right to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo-knee)
    You wouldn't be saying that if that "someone" was big, black, hench and raw.
    I'm 6'4... :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.