Train luggage! Watch

This discussion is closed.
olddeblasio
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Travelling on a train from Cardiff to Edinburgh 2moro. I have a big suitcase, where do you put it? What is stopping people walking off with them?
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Depends on the trains, really.

What train company/ies will you be using? I only ask as they may have more info on that on the websites..
sparklyglitter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I assume you are travelling Virgin.They have an area to put large suitcases...there is nothing to stop people stealing them which is why I'd suggest getting a seat near to your luggage which I always do.Keep any smaller bags with you...have a good journey!
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
most trains have a luggage shelf near the doors for larger bags
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In the luggage bit, you know, watch mission impossible, he shoots that woman in there.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I borrowed Mark's suitcase on Tuesday. It is black. I put it in the luggage rack, and so did several other people with black suitcases! I didn't know which one mine was
Madelyn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Most trains have shelves by the doors (each end of the carriage) where you can put larger things, and running above the seats for smaller bags. If you think other people might have similar-looking luggage, tie a ribbon to the handle.
To stop people nicking things, just try to keep an eye on it (obviously in the current atmosphere, it's not a good idea to leave bags unattended anyway...). I've never heard of anyone having a bag stolen like that though.
Seabiscuit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Same really as in aeroplane baggage conveyor belts... Its really take your pick of peoples luggage - just get there before anyone else does...
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You could always get a bike chain or something and lock it secure in the luggage area. Probably not necessary though in this country but a good idea if you're afraid someone will pinch it.

Or if the train's not so busy sit where there are 2 seats together and put the suitcase infront of one of the seats next to you.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1234)
79.61%
Leave (316)
20.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise