1 min jog on spot
    20 squats
    1 min jog on spot
    20 lunges
    1 min jog on spot
    20 knee dips

for 2-3 sets

opinions? obviously thats to go with the other things i will be doing
    just seems overly complicated and silly imo, you can exercise all the muscles you're currently doing just doing burpees and the 1 minute jog on spot after EVERY station is a bit silly...

I'd do 5 sets but only have one minute jog on spot as rest between each set

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rai)
    just seems overly complicated and silly imo, you can exercise all the muscles you're currently doing just doing burpees and the 1 minute jog on spot after EVERY station is a bit silly...

I'd do 5 sets but only have one minute jog on spot as rest between each set

i cant do burpees for some reason, it seems to hurt my knees a lot

thanks, i'll change the jogging to just one min after each set

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    1 min jog on spot
    20 push ups
    1 min jog on spot
    20 chair dips
    1 min jog on spot
    20 squats
    1 min jog on spot
    20 lunges
    1 min jog on spot
    20 knee dips

for 2-3 sets

opinions? obviously thats to go with the other things i will be doing
    you should really put some sit-ups in there, take out the jogging on the spot, do stretches inbetween sets, and go for a run afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muckie)
    you should really put some sit-ups in there, take out the jogging on the spot, do stretches inbetween sets, and go for a run afterwards.

sit ups do sod all if you have any fat on your stomach, it will just build the muscle under the fat and make your stomach look bigger (yes i have tried this in the past)

and no i wont be going for runs, i only exercise at home
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Run up and down the stairs. Skip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    sit ups do sod all if you have any fat on your stomach, it will just build the muscle under the fat and make your stomach look bigger (yes i have tried this in the past)

and no i wont be going for runs, i only exercise at home
    well thats complete BS and how do you expect to loose weight or improve your CV work with 'jogging on the spot for 1 minute'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muckie)
    well thats complete BS and how do you expect to loose weight or improve your CV work with 'jogging on the spot for 1 minute'?

coupled with other things i will be doing

theres nothing wrong with working out at home

ReputationRep:
    if your diet is pretty much burgers/pizzas/chips and all bought from iceland you're not going to get far....running up and down the stairs would be better...but obviously boring.

Any exercise is better than non..........are you losing fat at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    if your diet is pretty much burgers/pizzas/chips and all bought from iceland you're not going to get far....running up and down the stairs would be better...but obviously boring.

Any exercise is better than non..........are you losing fat at all?
    my diets being changed, from junk every day to junk once/twice a week

chicken/fish with steamed veg for tea and a sandwich for dinner, need to swap white bread for wholemeal and up my water intake

as for weight loss, ive lost almost a stone since last september (yes its slow but my diet hasnt exactly been good) i put on 4lbs at christmas taking me to 198lbs (as of saturday just gone) my next weigh in is this sat
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I say again.

Just skip for half an hour every morning and every night followed by up and down the stairs 100 times and you will be fit as a fiddle in no time XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I say again.

Just skip for half an hour every morning and every night followed by up and down the stairs 100 times and you will be fit as a fiddle in no time XD

skipping does my back in as my core muscles are weak as **** and as if im going out to use the stairs when i can exercise in the comfort of my own home

ReputationRep:
    1 min jog on the spot? :rofl:
    are you being serious?
    BTW, you can't just target areas that you want to lose fat, you have to lose fat all round your body. jog as much as you can over a 1 or 2 km distance. Then up the distance/speed as you get fitter.
    With that regime that you came up with, it will take a millenia to lose significant weight

ReputationRep:
    tinkerbell why not get a step board...a couple of aerobic vids...high tempo ones and then do your circuit training in the afternoon and the aerobics in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    tinkerbell why not get a step board...a couple of aerobic vids...high tempo ones and then do your circuit training in the afternoon and the aerobics in the morning.

ive got fitness DVDs which im going to do when i find my exercise mat

this is how im going to do it

mon, wed, fri - exercise bike (30 mins) the regime i posted later in the day

tues, thurs, sun - a DVD and the regime

then add to it weights and boxing in a week or so time, then add in walking when i get my treadmill

ReputationRep:
    tbh if you do that while eating healthier...the weight will pile off you...in 6 months or so you should see a big difference.

ReputationRep:
    tbh if you do that while eating healthier...the weight will pile off you...in 6 months or so you should see a big difference.

im hoping so and im hoping by the time summer comes around i will be able to skip outside on the big field

ReputationRep:
    you say you can't do press ups because you have dodgey knees but you're capable of skipping and squats and "jogging"....

WAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    you say you can't do press ups because you have dodgey knees but you're capable of skipping and squats and "jogging"....

WAT
    i cant press on my knees IE kneel down

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with say, running outside. So much more effective.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.