Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas how I can 'sound' like a cat?
    Meow.
    Lol but yeah I've been trying to conjure up a persona of lazy/contemptuous but really can't do it.

ReputationRep:
    Well... To write a monolgue for humans to read, you ought to personify the cat, giving it human traits that it doesn't necessarily posess.

Write it as a human but slip in some thoughts a cat mighty typically have... Like being side tracked by a bird or 'cleaning' itself, so the reader knows it is a cat.

How many words have you got to write? 1000?

ReputationRep:
    That sounds really good!

Just personify it. Discuss the 16+ hours a day in which you sleep, how little you actually care about your owners, etc. You could look at Garfield or Simon's Cat for ideas, maybe.

ReputationRep:
    I would probably go along the evil cat line;

Others ask me, 'when did you first begin to have homicidal thoughts about your owners?'. In response I have to say it was the night they smacked me for eating all the chicken and threw me out into the rainy night. No normal, sane person would do that to their most beloved, I told myself. Thus, I began to plot my revenge...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemSevenV)
    Off-topic for a minute, but who is that in yor sig? I've seen him and his face looks annoyingly familiar...

And OP, to sound like a cat, you need to think about what makes a cat different from a human, and just include those characteristics in your monologue, as well as what kind of things a cat would be talking about or worrying about etc.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_disraeli)
    Meow.
    Lol but yeah I've been trying to conjure up a persona of lazy/contemptuous but really can't do it.
    is this for a trasformation for English?

I like the sound of it. :yep:

Call your (I mean the cat's :p:) human owners pets.

I wish I had your assignment..

ReputationRep:
    Let it fall madly in love with its owner. Shocking and original.

(Original post by Absinth)
    Let it fall madly in love with its owner. Shocking and original.
    Only because it's never happened. :rolleyes:

I quite like the portrayal of cats being the owners of humans in a way, or being held captive, rather than being pets. :yep:

-skyhigh- beat me. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
    9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
    9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
    10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
    12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
    1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
    3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
    5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
    7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
    8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
    11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. *******s!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...
    I immediately thought of this when I read the thread title...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_disraeli)
    Meow.

Just dip your cat's paw in ink, prod it onto paper and hand it in. Cats can't write, they chase string.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Only because it's never happened. :rolleyes:
    How do you know? Unrequited love can take many forms.

How do you know? Unrequited love can take many forms.
    I think cats are above this thing we call love. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    I immediately thought of this when I read the thread title...
    Hahaha! :lol: What's that from? It sounds awesome!

ReputationRep:
    I think cats are above this thing we call love. :rolleyes:
    Why?

Why?
    They have had their claws on the human race since the dynasties of Ancient Egypt. In fact, the pyramids have been shown to be the ears of giant cat statues, the heads of which remain to be excavated?

ReputationRep:
    They have had their claws on the human race since the dynasties of Ancient Egypt. In fact, the pyramids have been shown to be the ears of giant cat statues, the heads of which remain to be excavated?

Haha that's actually quite likely :P

That sonuds liek a really interesting thing to write about but I'd basically probably go with what most other people have said and go with the garfield kind of character there's a lot you could write about with that, but maybe not much storyline wise. Maybe the family it lives with could get a dog? Or a baby or something that would upset the cat in some way.

ReputationRep:
    okay everyone, i've written it but need some opinions cos i'm thinking its a bit ****! message me if you're willing to read it and i'll send it to you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.