Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My friend and her boyfriend ruined my weekend. watch

Ok so here goes. I'm at uni. My best friend lives and works in London, with her boyfriend of 7 months. She invited me to come up for the weekend, we spent Fri and Sat in London, then we caught the train back to her mums place as her mum went away for the weekend.

The weekend was all about us two catching up as it's been 5 months since I last saw her and she is going away next week for half a year, travelling the world with her boyfriend

On Fri we all chilled at the bar, her, me, her boyfriend.
    On Saturday she slept all day cause she was shattered.
    On Saturday night we finally left to go to her mums house and we spent the night talking and cooking.
    On Sunday her boyfriend rings and says he wants to come down. I was like what the hell, its meant to be a girly weekend, tell him not to come, this is really awkward, I just want to catch up with you alone....she said it would be wrong of her to turn him down as her home is open to everyone but I was like oh so you're prepared to ruin my weekend, I have travelled 200 miles to see you, yesterday you spent sleeping, today your boyfriend comes down, I may aswell have not bothered coming!

Anyway he ended up coming down. I was nice with him, joked around, made loads of effort even though I didn't want him to be there.

At night I said to her can you at least stay in my room so we can chat a little before we sleep and she said ok. Then she randomly goes ohhh I feel bad for my bf next door can I move in to his room? I was so furious! Turns out he was sulking because he thought they should be in bed together and I should be the one sleeping alone..

Please people am I in the wrong? I had a huge go at her saying she's ruined my weekend, calling him insensitive for inviting himself round knowing full well it was our last girls weekend in months and then kicking up a fuss about sleeping arrangements? Opinions would be great

ReputationRep:
    Get a new friend, she seems to want to invest more time in the boy than in you.
    :/

ReputationRep:
    He was sulking? What a soggy flap.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she was happy at the thought of her boyfriend and her best friend getting to know each other? And maybe he was curious about his girlfriend's best friend who he must hardly know?

I can see how you'd feel a bit miffed that your weekend didn't go exactly to plan and he kind of mooched in a bit, but I bet the pair of them just didn't understand that it would be an issue as you did have the whole of saturday and until he arrived on sunday just alone.

Perhaps you shouldn't have thrown a strop and just explained to her that you didn't mind him coming down so long as it didn't cut into your time together and you didn't feel like a 3rd wheel. From the sound of it, you had a good night with him there anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It seems that her boyfriend means a lot to her, and you might have to accept that they have each other. I can agree though that more effort to show appreciation towards your visit could be done. Perhaps you shouldn't hold your hopes too high in the future about this best friend. (Im sure she's nice, but they seem to be a really steady pair)

ReputationRep:
    Get a new friend she sounds annoying.

I hate it when a friend gets into a relationship and then it's like your friendship counts for nothing and it's all about their other half. I mean I can understand a relationship being important, but the need to be around eachother at every possible moment allowing no space for friends? Does my ******* head in.

ReputationRep:
    Hoes before bros. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a cow with an overly needy bloke.

You need to meet mo *****es.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say you are in the wrong after quickly glancing over your post... but then I read that you haven't seen each other for 5 months, won't see each other for the next 6 months and that she will be with him for the next 6 months anyways, so all I can say is that both of them sound insensitive and immature and you're right to be angry about it.

lol i dont understand why people neeed other people like this. btu then again i am a pretty reserved person myself and dont like people gettin all up in my business and i prefer to stay out of theres. just keep them as aquaintances. i'v yet to meet the type of person i would like to have as a close friend. she obviously doesnt seem like she has the time for you or appreciates the fact that you took the time to go all the way to see her. i think you're wasting your time with people like that.

ReputationRep:
    He should of snook in to the room when you two had fallen asleep and fapped over the both of you sleeping together before spreading a massive cumshot right over the both of you.

Instead he sulked like a ***** :sigh:

(Original post by hay.hay)
    Maybe she was happy at the thought of her boyfriend and her best friend getting to know each other? And maybe he was curious about his girlfriend's best friend who he must hardly know?

I can see how you'd feel a bit miffed that your weekend didn't go exactly to plan and he kind of mooched in a bit, but I bet the pair of them just didn't understand that it would be an issue as you did have the whole of saturday and until he arrived on sunday just alone.

Perhaps you shouldn't have thrown a strop and just explained to her that you didn't mind him coming down so long as it didn't cut into your time together and you didn't feel like a 3rd wheel. From the sound of it, you had a good night with him there anyway.
    Yes but I do know him, I've met him a few times now. Also this is the first time I've seen her in ages and she is already spending the next few months with him too. It was just two days, and Sat she slept and Sun he came. I did say to her before he came it would be awkward for me but she didn't know how to tell him not to come. And I didn't have a good night, I just made the effort because it was awkward not to. I just thought the least she could have done considering I made the effort to sit with them both was stay in my room the night. I couldn't believe after all of that he is the one sulking cause she said she was staying with me.

(Original post by Y__)
    I was going to say you are in the wrong after quickly glancing over your post... but then I read that you haven't seen each other for 5 months, won't see each other for the next 6 months and that she will be with him for the next 6 months anyways, so all I can say is that both of them sound insensitive and immature and you're right to be angry about it.
    Exactly. That's why I wanted her to myself, because it was literally 2 days, and it was taken up by sleeping/boyfriend. Now she's packing to travel the world with him and yes, it will be 6 months till I see her again. The least she could have done was kept the Sunday free for us and told her boyfriend she wanted time with me alone.

(Original post by LittleBill)
    Get a new friend she sounds annoying.

I hate it when a friend gets into a relationship and then it's like your friendship counts for nothing and it's all about their other half. I mean I can understand a relationship being important, but the need to be around eachother at every possible moment allowing no space for friends? Does my ******* head in.
    Exactly. I felt so out of place with the both of them there, it's horrible when a couple make you feel like that. Not to mention how different she is with me now she has him. She barely calls/texts, only when they argue. We used to be ultra close. I hate it when people change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    Hoes before bros. :sadnod:
    Or bros before hoes, for guys.

OP, your friend has a sulky **** of a boyfriend. Tell her that. If it doesnt go down to well or disagrees, tell her she needs to grow a spine. If she never talks to you again, at least you wont waste your time anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes but I do know him, I've met him a few times now. Also this is the first time I've seen her in ages and she is already spending the next few months with him too. It was just two days, and Sat she slept and Sun he came. I did say to her before he came it would be awkward for me but she didn't know how to tell him not to come. And I didn't have a good night, I just made the effort because it was awkward not to. I just thought the least she could have done considering I made the effort to sit with them both was stay in my room the night. I couldn't believe after all of that he is the one sulking cause she said she was staying with me.
    Ah ok, I assumed you'd never really met because you hadn't seen her in so long. And it sounded to me like you'd had an alright night even if you didn't want him there!

I wasn't saying you where in the wrong to be angry, just trying to think of reasons she might have been like that! I personally would have been a bit annoyed if I'd have been in the situation!

ReputationRep:
    Bit harsh, they have half a year to be together and she stills snubs you for her boyfriend! She's clearly more interested in her boyfriend so maybe it's time to find a new friend while she is away, and when she gets back don't contact at all.

(Original post by thelancastrian)
    Or bros before hoes, for guys.

OP, your friend has a sulky **** of a boyfriend. Tell her that. If it doesnt go down to well or disagrees, tell her she needs to grow a spine. If she never talks to you again, at least you wont waste your time anymore.
    You are so right. He is a spoilt brat and she always panders to his moodswings...that's why she let him come knowing full well I didn't want him to.

(Original post by Phobia27)
    Bit harsh, they have half a year to be together and she stills snubs you for her boyfriend! She's clearly more interested in her boyfriend so maybe it's time to find a new friend while she is away, and when she gets back don't contact at all.
    That's what I am doing, feel really hurt and don't want to speak to her for a long time now. Not that I'll be able to anyway now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.