Turn on thread page Beta

My friend and her boyfriend ruined my weekend. watch

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a right nancy.

ReputationRep:
    Take comfort in the fact that she will be stuck for 6 months with a needy bf who sulks and has mood swings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleBill)
    Get a new friend she sounds annoying.

I hate it when a friend gets into a relationship and then it's like your friendship counts for nothing and it's all about their other half. I mean I can understand a relationship being important, but the need to be around eachother at every possible moment allowing no space for friends? Does my ******* head in.
    This exactly. I hate it when people do that.

Your not in the wrong, arkward, three's a crowd

My friend last year had a boyfriend of 2 years - he was a slimeball really, she'd see him about 5 times a week (would see him more but her mum wouldn't let her) I even invited her to town, ie 'let's go to town in two weeks time on Saturday' and she'd be 'oh no I'm busy then seeing boyfriend', and another time it was 'want to come round on a saturday, we can go swimming and sleep round my house', 'oh is it all right if he comes? and I can only hang out with you guys for half an hour. And he gets possessive when I wear a bikini so I can't go swimming either, and he won't eat in front of people so we can't go to lunch. Oh and he thinks you hate him so feels uncomfortable around you, oh and he thinks since we're both female and close that I'm cheating on him in a lesbianic way'. SERIOUSLY annoying. He ended up cheating on her for like the 4th time when they finally broke up. He was seeriously insecure though, so maybe your friend's bf is too? (I've already posted non-anon on here btw, but don't want to seem *****y about my best friend's ex)

ReputationRep:
    I woulda been pretty pissed off too.

(Original post by microfatcat)
    It really isn't too hard for her to say "Not today, let's spend tomorrow together, we can do this and that and blah, today I'm busy". I don't think you should've thrown a strop, though you are right to be annoyed, you should've just coolly said that you had come 200 miles to see her and that she obviously doesn't want to spend quality time with one of her friends, and that you were leaving. He sounds soooo annoying! It's horrible that she can't/won't/doesn't want to say no to him.
    I know...all she had to do was tell him not to come. I think he is really controlling and she is forgetting who her real close friends are.

ReputationRep:
    You hadn't seen her for 5 months, yet need a weekend alone with her because she's leaving to go somewhere for 6 months?

(Original post by squeak)
    You hadn't seen her for 5 months, yet need a weekend alone with her because she's leaving to go somewhere for 6 months?
    ...yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    Hoes before bros. :sadnod:
    Sisters before Misters :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    what a nonce the bf is

ReputationRep:
    i have an idea...........THREESOME WOOOOOO YEAH

film it though yeah babes

ReputationRep:
    Your friend seems really unreasonable - she slept all day Saturday? God, make the effort! You traveled such a long way to see her, after all. Having her boyfriend over is a bit mean if you'd already met him, and even then his sulking is unbelievably immature - he's going to be with her for half a year, solid! You have every right to be annoyed by this.

(Original post by harleygrant)
    Your friend seems really unreasonable - she slept all day Saturday? God, make the effort! You traveled such a long way to see her, after all. Having her boyfriend over is a bit mean if you'd already met him, and even then his sulking is unbelievably immature - he's going to be with her for half a year, solid! You have every right to be annoyed by this.
    You've summed up exactly how I feel. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    If it was me, I would be gutted. I would be feeling all of the same things as you and would probably be feeling sick with anger/ sadness. I don't know what to suggest though. Try and work on either detaching yourself from her so that you are affected less when something like this happens or just hope that when she comes back from travelling with him, she really missed you and will want to spend time with you properly. I can completely understand why you don't want to speak to her, I wouldn't want to either. I wish I knew what to suggest but I don't... you have my sympathy though. I hope the situation sorts itself out xx

(Original post by malleablegrace)
    If it was me, I would be gutted. I would be feeling all of the same things as you and would probably be feeling sick with anger/ sadness. I don't know what to suggest though. Try and work on either detaching yourself from her so that you are affected less when something like this happens or just hope that when she comes back from travelling with him, she really missed you and will want to spend time with you properly. I can completely understand why you don't want to speak to her, I wouldn't want to either. I wish I knew what to suggest but I don't... you have my sympathy though. I hope the situation sorts itself out xx
    I really hope she does miss me when she comes back...it'll make a change. Thanks so much for your kind words.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, OP, that's really bad

I'd be so pissed. She sounds like a complete tool, and so does the BF. I hate friends who disappear as soon as they get a partner, and reappear looking for sympathy as soon as they break up.

I generally decline to give sympathy. They made their choice, now they'll have to deal with the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I'd go out on a limb and say that it appears as though she just doesn't care about your friendship as much as you do, shown by the fact she doesn't contact you and slept for the whole of Saturday. It's sad when that happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That's so strange it happened to both of us!

It's horrbile when friends are so inconsiderate.
    I know, how odd!

But yes, I mean I understand that she's in a new relationship (even though it isnt official, apparently) and its exciting and all, but I had paid to come see HER, not HIM! It was nice to meet him, but it would have been nicer if she could have spent time with me on our own after I had made the effort to go there. I hadn't seen her since September before we all left! Well, aside from two hours one afternoon over christmas. That was it.

Bad times! I mean, she apologised and stuff and said she had been a bad friend, but the point is that she shouldn't have done it and HAD anything to apologise for. Ah well, what can you do. At least you said something, I just pretended like it was fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Haha, what's with the blushing face? Do you like your mates girlfriend? :p:
    Thankfully not any of my current mates, I used to really like one though.. now that was really awkward lol :woo:

ps: I know my posts come across as really unsympathetic but I really hope your feeling a bit better now (time heals all wounds and all that jazz) *hugs*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.