Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend refuses to phone me watch

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend doesn't really like speaking on the phone to anyone either. I was a bit disappointed at first, but I still ring him up lol. I think it's just something some people don't like doing, it's normal and just part of life. Try ringing him up for a few minutes, rather than a lengthy conversation, or just text him

ReputationRep:
    Is he shy? I dont like phoning people that i havent known for a very long time. It took me a long time before i would speak to my boyfreind on the phone.

If he isnt shy, then id be questioning why he wasnt phoning you too.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it as people have different preferences in regards to phone calls and so forth. It does NOT make him a bad boyfriend, as long as you are communicating in some (other) way.

ReputationRep:
    I hate talking on the phone I'm oldschool though would rather a face to face conversation then a chat down the phone.

ReputationRep:
    If the refusal to phone is due to those long 2/3 hour conversations, then I would understand why he can't be bothered to phone.

ReputationRep:
    some people don't like talking on the phone. I know people who never answer there phone because they feel so awkward talking on it. Don't take it personally. Try to increase his confidence on the phone and until then use IM.

Maybe he doesn't want to use up minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Nah its quite normal that boys dont feel that comfortable talking on the phone. Dont worry as long as he is talking to you when you really meet him.

ReputationRep:
    I can talk to people alright on the phone but sometimes hanging-up can be hard.

ReputationRep:
    I hate talking to my girlfriend on the phone too, i never phone her, just text :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably fake my own death if it allowed me to miss making a phone call.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you guys are funny. I thought I was like the only one who hated talking on the phone. Nice to see I have company. But you guys are lucky. My girlfriend likes to have really, really long phone conversations. Last night, for example, we talked for 4 hours. I was about ready to kill myself. She's amazing, but she can go on and on about nothing. I do it because I know she loves talking on the phone. And I agree with whoever said that talking on the phone sucks because you can't do anything else while you're at it. That's why texting is great. You can do a million other things while talking to your gf/bf.

ReputationRep:
    That's how men are like! they prefer face to face!

ReputationRep:
    I cant understand why somneone would have problems phoning another person? especially if your very close to them, unless you have some social issues an are not a very chatty/confident person then i cant understand how you would not enjoy hearing the other persons voice and talking.

I prefer to call people its far more personal and you can say alot more without as much effort as having to write a long drawn out text message or 3 which is slightly annoying.

If im going out with someone i love to call them and speak to them regularly its just nice to feel closer to them really.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the 'I hate the phone' boat as well. Even when it's my fiance/parents/family, I just don't like being on the phone. With strangers I'm so nervous and awkward that I usually end up agreeing with whatever they're saying or else just tell them it doesn't matter, never mind, and hang up the phone lol Pathetic...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.