prolonging a tan Watch

This discussion is closed.
vicky600
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
ok i got back from holiday on thurs and i have a pretty good tan. I have some tan prolonger cream but i just wondered if there are any other ways of keeping it for longer..

any suggestions are welcome, many thanks
tbm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Exfoliate and moisturise as much as possible, perhaps use a fake tan to top it up.
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Take selenium supplements, and start using a gentle fake tan - Johnson and Johnson do a fab one.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by .Em.)
Exfoliate and moisturise as much as possible, perhaps use a fake tan to top it up.
Wouldn't exfoliating take it off quicker as it rubs the skins surface that is tanned. :confused:
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Wouldn't exfoliating take it off quicker as it rubs the skins surface that is tanned. :confused:
No - it takes the dead cells off when they're ready to come off, rather than waiting until you can pull reams of skin (including fairly healthy skin) off... So long as your skin is well mositurised...
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
No - it takes the dead cells off when they're ready to come off, rather than waiting until you can pull reams of skin (including fairly healthy skin) off...
Yuck, that is if they have been burnt or extreme tanned, in which case thats bad. Could be likend to third degree burns or similiar. Prefer fake tan myself, a lot safer and not as harsh to your skin.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by .Em.)
Sorry I meant exfoliating before tanning would prolong a tan, obviously this doesnt apply here!
Using a mild exfoliator will help maintain a healthy looking tan, and stop you looking like an old slapper with 'slip skin'
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Prefer fake tan myself, a lot safer and not as harsh to your skin.
Me too!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
Using a mild exfoliator will help maintain a healthy looking tan, and stop you looking like an old slapper with 'slip skin'
Yeah like whats her name, Donatella!! :eek:
princessslora
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
you should exfoliate but not with things like apricot scrub, you should use a milder one, like garnier, i forget what its called but its yellow. the beads in the exfoliator should be small, other wise they do actually encourage skin to peel off, if you use a milder one then this just gently brushes the dead skin away and leaves the nice stuff. Holland and barrat do these tablets aswell that contain copper which are good at making a tan last longer. i wor at a beauty counter so i get asked this stuff all the time but just usually encourage people to buy expensive fake tans!!!!!
Vickybaker
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Get on the sunbed once in a while to top it up!!! But not too much otherwise you'll look like a handbag by the time your 30!
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wanna know too! Luckily I didn't get burnt on my last holiday so I didn't peel, and I've got a nice brown colour now, but its not as intense, even luckier is I'm going on holiday again at the end of august so can really go for it there! I've exfoliated twice a week and mousturized everyday since my holiday yet the tan has lost quite a lot of its deepness
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wouldnt bother...tans look silly on british girls
Balloo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Moisturise moisturise moisturise!!! Don't exfoliate as it takes off the top layer of skin, in other words you are just scrubbing your tan away. For future reference, make sure you exfoliate just before you go on holiday so that your new skin gets tanned and not the old skin thats ready to be shed anyway. That'll make it last a bit longer.
Geordie_in_HK
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by technik)
wouldnt bother...tans look silly on british girls
true in many cases, the worst thing is seeing a blonde girl with a really deep tan - it just doesn't work.

the sexiest thing is seeing a bronze italian girl on the beach in a thong.... ah Italy...
vicky600
Rep:
?
(Original post by princessslora)
you should exfoliate but not with things like apricot scrub, you should use a milder one, like garnier, i forget what its called but its yellow. the beads in the exfoliator should be small, other wise they do actually encourage skin to peel off, if you use a milder one then this just gently brushes the dead skin away and leaves the nice stuff. Holland and barrat do these tablets aswell that contain copper which are good at making a tan last longer. i wor at a beauty counter so i get asked this stuff all the time but just usually encourage people to buy expensive fake tans!!!!!
do these tablets work well???

i got some nivea tan prolonger and its only supposed to have a little fake tan, but the next day it kinda looked streaky, i want it to go, wish i never used it!
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You can buy 'corrector towels' from Boots and Superdrug - they're about 99p each.
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Keep moisturising, a really intense one like some from Lush or origins. To make yourself look more tanned wear white or black clothes
Glory
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
top your tan up, if the sun ever comes out in this place. I find any tan i develop fades pretty much as soon as i leave the country.
vicky600
Rep:
?
i feel like mine is going already
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1365)
79.73%
Leave (347)
20.27%

Watched Threads