Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Me and my girlfriend have just applied for a student exchange in Bristol and we could use some more information about student lodging and accomodation... We are mainly looking for a 1 bedroom private flat in the city proper, but have no idea where to look, what neighborhoods to avoid, how much to budget, etc.

What would be the best area for us to look into? It would preferably have to be close enough to school and reasonably social in nature (ideally with some cool and student populated pubs, cafés and restaurants nearby)

We were thinking about looking into Redland? Is there a better deal for students? How much should we plan to spend for housing on a monthly basis?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions, it is very much appreciated.

Joel,
    Montreal, Canada.

ReputationRep:
    redland's nice - probably about £330+utilities pcm, but i've always lived in clifton and absolutely lovely! if you're interested in clifton i could pm you my old landlord's details, he's very good with international students as his rent is where all the utilities are included you can rent the individual rooms, my boyfriend lives there now and absolutely loves it.
    enjoy your exchange - i'm currently at mcmaster university, ON and loving it! good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calligraphy)
    redland's nice - probably about £330+utilities pcm, but i've always lived in clifton and absolutely lovely! if you're interested in clifton i could pm you my old landlord's details, he's very good with international students as his rent is where all the utilities are included you can rent the individual rooms, my boyfriend lives there now and absolutely loves it.
    enjoy your exchange - i'm currently at mcmaster university, ON and loving it! good luck
    I would be very suprised if you can find a 1 bed private accomodation for £330pcm, more likely around £400 (+ utilities).

ReputationRep:
    Clifton, Cotham and Redland would be the best student areas or the Centre. I reckon £400 a month would be ok plus bills. Its harder when you are looking for just one room though as that tends to be more expensive. If you are going to be a student there use the uni service as there are not usually agency fees and prices are good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.