John Lewis?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dramatic Star
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Yeah bonuses and benefits are excellent. Am leaving in 2 weeks so will be stripped of my discount. Alas! I can't say I won't be glad to leave though!
lisa rogers
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I work for Waitrose eventhing you want to know ask me I have worked there for nearly 6 years!!!
bluenoxid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Whats the pay like compared to other supermarkets
Whats the discount like
How big was this bonus for you this year.

Have you ever worked at morrisons.
lisa rogers
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Noxid)
Whats the pay like compared to other supermarkets
Whats the discount like
How big was this bonus for you this year.

Have you ever worked at morrisons.
Hi the pay is quite good, ish better in the south than the north. The march bonus was equvilient to 7 weeks pay.
Discount is 12% WR and JL rises to 25% in JL after 3 years service
Lil Lee Lee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have to leave Waitrose now! I was on holiday over the results period and tehy've run out of transfers! It's a good job, I don't know many other places that give you 25% off at Thorpe Park!
theisticandy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Working in Waitrose rocks, when I signed up, basically everyone else who worked the same days as me and part time was from my college. It was great, basically like hanging out with your friends all the time, and getting paid a pretty decent wage (especially on Sundays) I also got half price tickets to the grand prix at Silverstone with them, and appreciated my bonus! I am sad to be leaving at the end of September, handed in my notice and now its just a matter of counting down the days.
Having said that however I don't like the changes they have made recently, many of my mates who were around a year and a half ago when I joined have left and were not replaced, we seem to be getting more and more short staffed, which confuses me cause I work in the most profitable waitrose branch in the country, (also its sad when people you've been working with quit )

Still though I'd recommend it as a job to anyone looking, it is the best and friendliest place I have ever worked (even though I only ever had one other job :P).
Lil Lee Lee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I agree, I'm really gonna miss Waitrose, the bonus, the wages, the discounts, the half price tickets, the people I work with. I've worked there for two and a bit years now and I wish I didn't have to leave. I'm still gonna apply when I get to Uni though and not just coz I want food discount!

I'd recommend it to anyone, but not in Birmingham coz I want to get in there!
Cherry Kisses
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im thinking of working at waitrose, what is it like working there? whats the pay like? Is it difficult?
theisticandy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can only speak of the branch where I work, but its great, pay is good 5.20 or something, colleagues are cool,, especially if other from your college work there too, and all the managers are really friendly :P. Its not difficult really, most of my work is just shelf stacking which is kinda a no-brain job
Lil Lee Lee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The hardest stuff I did was on the Customer Service Desk coz we do all the order in party food. If you mess that up, someone's gonna get mad!

Other than that it's pretty no-brain stuff like theisticandy said. Pay's good and you basically get an extra month's wages in March with the bonus and they tend to treat their staff a lot better than lots of other supermarkets.

You tend to be able to move about and do different jobs within the store too, I'm on checkouts but did shelves all over the shop, Customer Service, training new people and stuff. It's pretty varied overall, but checkouts can get a bit monotonous.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed