Sentences for the London bombers Watch

This discussion is closed.
Alcohol5%
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
After the people who attempted to bomb london, have been questioned and are of no use to the police anymore... what should be done to them? I personally think hanging... what do you think...
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They think that they are going to go to the muslim equivalent of Heaven so killing them would just be helping them out.

Sentance them for life.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They'll get life, with no parole, though chances are they may be released at some point. They could plead insanity and get a lesser sentance.
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by material breach)
They think that they are going to go to the muslim equivalent of Heaven so killing them would just be helping them out.

Sentance them for life.
Well, if they are the bombers, the fact that some of the people caught yesterday didn't want to be martyred by the police suggests that failure has changed their minds. They may think it's a message from god. One of the most important things is information: the ones who talk and talk well should be lightly punished. Equally, the unsuccessful ones should be less severely punished. We want to encourage incompetent bombers rather than competent ones. By-and-large, though, as one of the reasons for not releasing a long-sentence prisoner is the likelihood that they might reoffend, as long as they beleive what they do believe, which can be checked by their co-operation with the police, they need to be locked up. after they've repented and turned we can look at the length of sentence.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Weejimmie)
Well, if they are the bombers, the fact that some of the people caught yesterday didn't want to be martyred by the police suggests that failure has changed their minds. They may think it's a message from god. One of the most important things is information: the ones who talk and talk well should be lightly punished. Equally, the unsuccessful ones should be less severely punished. We want to encourage incompetent bombers rather than competent ones. By-and-large, though, as one of the reasons for not releasing a long-sentence prisoner is the likelihood that they might reoffend, as long as they beleive what they do believe, which can be checked by their co-operation with the police, they need to be locked up. after they've repented and turned we can look at the length of sentence.
I like that quote. You know far more about Islam than me so I will defer to your superior knowledge.
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
These people, if found guilty, will have gone out with the intention of destroying many human lives. They should face the maximum penalty available under the law (short of capital punishment of course), regardless of whether their failure has made them repent what they have done. An example should be made showing that the British state does not tolerate terrorism or terrorists acting on its soil.
Mandy.Massey
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
how about 7 years of hard labour helping to build the olympic village, then tell them that they have been granted parole and free tickets to the event, get their hopes up, and then execute them.
rock_tenth
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
urgh, i ****ing hate this ********

OMG KILL THEM KILL THEM ARGGGHHH WE ARE SO JUST!!!!111oneenoene

sure, Id assume theyd be likely to reoffend if released - so, prison I guess. Also, if released, there would be people like you guys who would take it upon themselves to execute them, so they wouldnt be safe outside

--Joe
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Life sentence in my opinion. To give capital punishment would be stooping to the level of the terrorists.
JonD
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thirty years of hard labour, the fruits of which should pay for their own gruel, and what's left should be given to the families of Al-Qaeda victims. By then, they should have suitably reformed themselves. I don't like the idea of killing them, not because it'd make them feel like martyrs (why would we care what they think?), but because they might be useful in the future, as well as reminding the world that we're civilized people who don't do taliban-style stadium executions for revenge.
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
These people, if found guilty, will have gone out with the intention of destroying many human lives. They should face the maximum penalty available under the law (short of capital punishment of course), regardless of whether their failure has made them repent what they have done. An example should be made showing that the British state does not tolerate terrorism or terrorists acting on its soil.
The fact remains, in this case they failed to take lives and if they can provide information that saves other lives that is more useful than setting an example. Take the two aeroplane shoe bombers as examples. The one who tried to blow up a 'plane is doing a very long sentence. The one who decided not to is serving a much shorter sentence.
melbourne
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
life sentence> no parole > make them do something whilst inside that would benefit us
Vhisko
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Corporal and Capital punishment.

They should be raped!
Pepaim
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Capital punishement is barbaric and has no place in our country. Life sentence but if they showed true repentence they should be given a chance at parole, as they didn't actually kill anyone and didn't put up much resistance. Terrorists have repented in the past. They didn't seem to be that hardcore suicide bombers or they'd have killed themselves rather than get captured.

Im assuming we're talking about the failed bombers as the others are dead?
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They should have boiling water poured down their throats, eyes gouged out, testicles cut off and then perhaps be scalped.

Hopefully they'll survive, they can then spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Andrew
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The fact remains, in this case they failed to take lives and if they can provide information that saves other lives that is more useful than setting an example. Take the two aeroplane shoe bombers as examples. The one who tried to blow up a 'plane is doing a very long sentence. The one who decided not to is serving a much shorter sentence.
"decided not to" being the appropriate phrase. He backed out, didn't actually endanger anybodies lives, and proved useful to the police. The July 21st bombers went out with the express intent of commiting murder, and didn't back out, but failed. They did not show mercy, the state should not show them any mercy either.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by material breach)

Sentance them for life.
so? let them be "helped out"

as heaven is fictional it is of little consequence what they believe will happen.
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Before we gouge their eyes out we should desecrate the Koran in front of them as often as possible.

Andrew
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by andyukguy)
Before we gouge their eyes out we should desecrate the Koran in front of them as often as possible.

Andrew
seems a waste of time and effort.

death by bullet to the head would suffice. simple and quick.
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by technik)
seems a waste of time and effort.

death by bullet to the head would suffice. simple and quick.
No, it would be satisfying to watch (should be put on TV!) however it'll probably do more harm than good. I personally think we should make their lives hell, once we've got all info we can from them we should take up some of my suggestions. They're so into Islam they'd blow themselves up for it, I think desecrating the Koran will probably be the best form of mental torture.

Andrew
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads