Sentences for the London bombers Watch

This discussion is closed.
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by andyukguy)
No, it would be satisfying to watch (should be put on TV!) however it'll probably do more harm than good. I personally think we should make their lives hell, once we've got all info we can from them we should take up some of my suggestions. They're so into Islam they'd blow themselves up for it, I think desecrating the Koran will probably be the best form of mental torture.

Andrew
As well as radicalising more muslims and giving proof to the belief that the UK is trying to destroy the Islamic culture? Yeah, great idea :rolleyes:
andyukguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
As well as radicalising more muslims and giving proof to the belief that the UK is trying to destroy the Islamic culture? Yeah, great idea :rolleyes:
Indeed, that's why I said the TV killing would be a bad idea.

However, who is to know about what we do to them once they've been arrested? Not even Human Rights people actually care about these "people" as far as I can tell. I don't think we should desecrate the Koran on TV, or torture them on TV however we should do something along those lines in private.

Andrew
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
Bury them in pig skins. Thus deterring potential terrorists, and the Muslim community that claims terrorists arent Muslim, can have no complaint.
Alcohol5%
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Ofcourse desicrating a Qu'ran won't infuriate all the Muslims in Britain and the rest of the world, let alone the fundamentalists and make them hate us even more...
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vienna)
Bury them in pig skins. Thus deterring potential terrorists, and the Muslim community that claims terrorists arent Muslim, can have no complaint.
:yy: I like that!

Andrew
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Alcohol5%)
Ofcourse desicrating a Qu'ran won't infuriate all the Muslims in Britain and the rest of the world, let alone the fundamentalists and make them hate us even more...
Read what I say, publically doing this is bad. Tell the public one thing, do something very different to them in private.

I suggest we import some Russians who have been fighting against Islam in Chechnya for a few years. They'll know how to deal with them best

Andrew
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vienna)
Those prone to extremism believe these terrorists are Muslims and will see it as an attack on Islam. We shouldn't take any action, whether in public or private, that is religiously offensive. It serves not only to offend the terrorists, but shows a massive lack of respect for the faith at large.
mobb_theprequel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The moment those guys had the utter impundence to yell "I have rights" the snipers should have let loose.

Why should we lock these four (or more) guys away at a cost of 6 figures a year to the state when they were all too happy to maim and kill innocent civilians? I don't even think these guys are entitled to justice; and it wouldn't be the biggest injustice the world has ever scene if they were to be given a good kicking in Paddington Green.
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
Those prone to extremism believe these terrorists are Muslims and will see it as an attack on Islam. We shouldn't take any action, whether in public or private, that is religiously offensive. It serves not only to offend the terrorists, but shows a massive lack of respect for the faith at large.
You have respect for a faith which encourages this kind of activity?

(I appreciate this is a whole other thread, but I had to say it).

Andrew
JonD
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
Is it offensive to Islam, or offensive within Islam? Doing that to what's left of the suicide bombers that did go off sounds interesting, assuming it would only offend the dead themselves.
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You have respect for a faith which encourages this kind of activity?

(I appreciate this is a whole other thread, but I had to say it).

Andrew
Yes because despite what these terrorists may say or do their acts are not representative of what the Islamic faith actually encourages. Why do you think that these terrorists are (by a fantastic ratio) in the minority? So to commit an act offensive to Islam is to commit an act offensive to the vast majority of peaceful Muslims, which is morally wrong whether or not they knew about it.
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
Yes because despite what these terrorists may say or do their acts are not representative of what the Islamic faith actually encourages. Why do you think that these terrorists are (by a fantastic ratio) in the minority? So to commit an act offensive to Islam is to commit an act offensive to the vast majority of peaceful Muslims, which is morally wrong whether or not they knew about it.
I really can't get into this here it'd go off topic, I've posted up some quotes from the Koran before and has some Muslims defend them - apparently it was all about context

Andrew
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JonD)
Is it offensive to Islam, or offensive within Islam? Doing that to what's left of the suicide bombers that did go off sounds interesting, assuming it would only offend the dead themselves.
Yes, but clearly it would not affect the dead themselves, but a number of Muslims, and such an act sanctioned by the state WILL be percieved as an act of war against Islam, and will serve only to radicalise more Muslims.
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
Yes, but clearly it would not affect the dead themselves, but a number of Muslims, and such an act sanctioned by the state WILL be percieved as an act of war against Islam, and will serve only to radicalise more Muslims.
Anything can be denied

Ever heard of the holohoax? q.e.d.

Andrew
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I really can't get into this here it'd go off topic, I've posted up some quotes from the Koran before and has some Muslims defend them - apparently it was all about context

Andrew
This is not off topic-we are talking about how we should punish the would-be terrorists. Now stop avoiding my point.
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Anything can be denied

Ever heard of the holohoax? q.e.d.

Andrew
No I haven't. Please elaborate for me.
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
This is not off topic-we are talking about how we should punish the would-be terrorists. Now stop avoiding my point.
It has nothing to do with the topic imo - I'm not avoiding anything, as I said before there's an extensive thread somewhere in the Religion forum where I address these issues extensively. Use the search button.

Andrew
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
No I haven't. Please elaborate for me.
Damn, I was hoping you had. Some people (normally neo-nazi's, but more generally white power groups) deny the Holocaust and therefore call it the Holohoax. My point was that if people try and deny things like that, things that there are no doubts happened, then the UK Government denying that the prisoners were tortured (something so few people would think would happen) if the rumour ever started would be believed by everyone.

Andrew
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
On a thread discussing how we would punish the bombers, discussing how we would punish the bombers is not off topic.

You think we should commit acts of desecration as punishment. I disagree. How is that off topic?
andyukguy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
On a thread discussing how we would punish the bombers, discussing how we would punish the bombers is not off topic.

You think we should commit acts of desecration as punishment. I disagree. How is that off topic?
That's not your questions, your questions were whether I thought the majority of Muslims were terrorists and whether I thought the majority of Muslims condemed what happened. Nothing to do with the punishments.

Andrew
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (15)
19.74%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (33)
43.42%
Nope, not that interesting (28)
36.84%

Watched Threads