The Student Room Group
ive heard it said before that there was a race of large humans who died out/wiped out

whether its true or not ive never really looked into it that much
Reply 2
I mock you. I mock you all.
Reply 3
I believe so i beleive we are all descendents of them
Reply 4
i doubt the validity of any of this "science" that validates the bible. if any of those arent frauds then there are always genuine examples of giants such as Gigantopithecus. or there could have been large humans the past. insular gigantisism could have created taller humans, theres examples of insular dwarfism in humans so could have happened but certainly there was no giant human world population for no reason as in the bible
what
are you nuts
That would be cool, but if they existed then why did they die out and not the smaller people? Surely being taller would mean they had an edge physically in battles for resources?
Reply 7
Mr. Orange
That would be cool, but if they existed then why did they die out and not the smaller people? Surely being taller would mean they had an edge physically in battles for resources?

nope, this is why insular dwarfism occurred. if you look at the isle of hateg there were crocs a few inches in size and sauropds reduced from 30m in length to around 3m. if youre small you need less nutrition and so can survive in harsh environments
alex p
nope, this is why insular dwarfism occurred. if you look at the isle of hateg there were crocs a few inches in size and sauropds reduced from 30m in length to around 3m. if youre small you need less nutrition and so can survive in harsh environments

Reply 9
Woah! Cool pic! It's not something I've looked into, so I have no idea.
i can't tell if those giants look ecstatic or agonised.
When you say other sources such as the bible, does that mean you are including things like Harry Potter?
Reply 12
Phalanges
When you say other sources such as the bible, does that mean you are including things like Harry Potter?

probably referring to things ken hovind has created in order to warp more minds with his creationist propaganda e.g. the paluxy river footprints. - cretaceous footprints in a limestone that most would see with three claws are from a theropod dinosaur, but to him their definite proof of giants :s-smilie:

it is an interesting idea though - there are benefits of being larger, and there are examples of insular dwarfism within humans so gigantisism may have occured as well, however theres no evidence of it
Mr. Orange

Hells no. Smaller organisms are far, far, FAR more successful than larger ones, just look at bacteria.

Smaller organisms need less food, resources and space to live, therefore are in far less competition with other living creatures.
alex p
probably referring to things ken hovind has created in order to warp more minds with his creationist propaganda e.g. the paluxy river footprints. - cretaceous footprints in a limestone that most would see with three claws are from a theropod dinosaur, but to him their definite proof of giants :s-smilie:

it is an interesting idea though - there are benefits of being larger, and there are examples of insular dwarfism within humans so gigantisism may have occured as well, however theres no evidence of it

I'm not an athiest, but Kent Hovind is a ******* joke.

Haha, watch it till the end... floater.

"The bananna got him" .. Ali G is/was a legend.
Reply 15
Akbar2k7
I believe so i beleive we are all descendents of them

This. Humans were originally sixty cubits tall.
Reply 16
anonymouz
I'm not an athiest, but Kent Hovind is a ******* joke.

Haha, watch it till the end... floater.

"The bananna got him" .. Ali G is/was a legend.

lol, havent seen that before, tis pretty damn funny.

i think the best series is from a venomfangx on yourtube. some of the stuff he comes out with is so funny i honestly cant believe hes serious
Reply 17
Phalanges

I make sure to always use such documents when doing scientific research i also make sure to take references from lord of the rings and works such as clifford the big red dog.
Successful Troll is Successful

Latest