Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is a long one so bare with me!

Basically to cut a long story short, me and my ex or fiance as we were engaged split up back in September last year after being together for just over a year. We argued a bit and well in the end basically decided to take a break but never got back together she got with another guy a month later and well i had already moved on.

I've always maintained a good relationship with her after the break-up because we were good friends before we got together, we just ended up fancying the pants off each other. I'm quite a tough person and can deal with breakups well, i've been through a few so i had no problem with being friends after the split until she got with this guy and well we didn't speak much for months.

Ok 3 weeks ago she broke up with this guy, he left her after saying he loved her, all that bull that guys like him would come out with hes now already with another girl. She was really upset, even considering suicide at times.. I've never seen her like that before so i stayed with her and well i was her shoulder to cry on. I didn't mind because not only i don't want to see her doing something stupid but she has a little boy to take care of as well so i just wanted to get her through it and get her on her feet again.

Now today shes pretty much over him, instead of the old i'm going to get him back garbage, she now can only swear about him, she never stops going on about him but shes on the right path.

Now my issue.. Tonight i was round her house (she lives alone with her kid). As i was with her quite a while we've always been quite physical and comfortable with each other, i mean even tonight i sat and chatted to her in the toilet while she was having a wee!

Anyway the last few nights i've been going round we've been watching films, just generally having a laugh i thought as mates and now tonight, after watching a film together in bed. After it finished we ended up just chatting for a bit in the dark i said i'd stay the night since she had a few things on tomorrow and could use the help so i seeing as i have nothing else to do I said i'd stay.

We were led in bed and both stripped down to wearing next to nothing because it was hot... and well don't ask me how but just ended up snuggled up together and started hugging which lead to a small kiss, neither of us stopped it or said anything about it and we just carried on chatting then decided to get to sleep. I couldn't sleep at all so made up some excuse so i didn't have to stay the night and drove home but i never mentioned i had a problem so she thinks things are cool.

Shes claiming that we are just friends and said it a few times tonight, i still fancy her if i'm honest and at one point the way we were talking i thought sex was going to be on the cards but she said we can't simply because she isn't ready after recently breaking up which is fair enough.

She also keeps saying she doesn't get back with exes and isn't ready for something else for a while, yet we are doing all this stuff like kissing, sleeping and cuddling together virtually naked in bed, telling each other everything and i'm getting bloody confused!

My feelings at the moment if i'm honest i'm starting to want her back and she isn't stupid i'm sure she knows but i'm keeping things in check as she keeps saying we are friends! I mean we have a good laugh, are so close to having sex at times and kissing you'd think we are just bf/gf. I'd understand if she wanted to be 'friends+more' but she hasn't said that.. yet?

Don't know how i could ever simply be non sexual bog standard friends with her after everything but i couldn't cut her out of my life either so i'm stumped.

Any opinions would be ace.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her about it.. Maybe she'll take u back

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, like you, she wants to get back together but is too scared to say incase you don't?

ReputationRep:
    You have to be careful though, even if she does want you back its best for her to recover completely from mr man******* first. Its good she's on the up but she might still be feeling lonely and kinda rejected now and that isn't the best basis to rekindle your relationship on.

ReputationRep:
    Well i've hinted at getting back together but shes saying she doesn't, this is what is confusing me. Shes saying we are friends and we won't get back together yet all this stuff is happening.

ReputationRep:
    I think her reaction to the other guy was probably because she was hurt again so soon after you and her split. Why don't you leave it for a while, so she can get her head in check, she might just be wanting to feel loved again, and you're still really close with her.

And you don't want to get hurt again

ReputationRep:
    You should wait until she is fully over her last boyfriend and then see how she reacts to you then. It might change, seeing that she is feeling hurt and needs someone there to talk to which is you. she might feel different once she is over her ex and it may not be all cuddley and kissy.
    Don't rush into anything especially with your history and her feeling at the minute.
    I know it may seem unfair that she is giving you mixed messages but tbh she is proberly mixed up too and she clearly doesn't know what she wants at the minute.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Giving up now, can't be bothered waiting around for someone, i'm not even sure thinking about it i would want to get back with her anyway so time to leave it i guess! Cheers all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashyyy)
    Giving up now, can't be bothered waiting around for someone, i'm not even sure thinking about it i would want to get back with her anyway so time to leave it i guess! Cheers all
    Do that! She's just using you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sensibleandy)
    Do that! She's just using you.
    She probably is wouldn't be the first time. I'm not bothered though theres no feelings there and doubt i would take her back as i'm actually enjoying being single more lol.

ReputationRep:
    just talk to her about your situation, just don't chat about it while she's on the loo

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.