Turn on thread page Beta

What is this object??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have always loved archaeology, and when I was little I used to go out into the garden to see what I could find. Most of the time, it was only perfume bottels and bones, however one day I found a strange looking item that I have never identified.

It's... a long, brown pointed object (might be metal) app. 18cm in length and 2cm in diameter. The other end looks like it's been broken off and looks slightly porous/rusty. I'm sure I've seen other things like this before, only smaller.

If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - I wasn't sure where to post it! I haven't been able to attach any images, as the attach button doesn't seem to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkle8)
    I have always loved archaeology, and when I was little I used to go out into the garden to see what I could find. Most of the time, it was only perfume bottels and bones, however one day I found a strange looking item that I have never identified.

It's... a long, brown pointed object (might be metal) app. 18cm in length and 2cm in diameter. The other end looks like it's been broken off and looks slightly porous/rusty. I'm sure I've seen other things like this before, only smaller.

If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - I wasn't sure where to post it! I haven't been able to attach any images, as the attach button doesn't seem to work.
    Take it to your local university?

My cousin found a strange looking object and she lives in York and took it there and they identified it.

ReputationRep:
    upload to an image site like tinypic.com

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, I have uploaded a photo to tinypic, and tagged it 'archaeology' if anyone wants a look

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=s5fvi8&s=6

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

Looks like a large metal turd...

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 'dildo'

ReputationRep:
    Very funny everyone, but I was hoping for a more sensible answer

ReputationRep:
    early bullet?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.