Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I was looking at some old photos this morning and I noticed that in one of them, there is a clear white spot in my left eye. Now I know this can be a sign of cancer but it might be something and nothing.

All the other people in the photo have red eye and one of my eyes has too, but this is just a white spot. Could it be the reflection of the flash?

I'll post the photo in a minute.

ReputationRep:
    It's just in the one photo? How old is this photo, exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    It's just in the one photo? How old is this photo, exactly?
    I haven't noticed it in others. I think it was taken in May?

ReputationRep:
    Jaydoh, I don't think it is anything to worry about, I have a couple of them under my eyes, they are called Milia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_the_doctor/milia.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fear Nothing)
    Jaydoh, I don't think it is anything to worry about, I have a couple of them under my eyes, they are called Milia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_the_doctor/milia.shtml
    That's a skin affliction that occurs around the eyes (I've had one before!), I think the OP means a reflection in their actual eyeball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scout1234)
    That's a skin affliction that occurs around the eyes (I've had one before!), I think the OP means a reflection in their actual eyeball.
    Ohh lord My bad! Thanks for that Scout. Well Jay I am not sure what it is, in my professional TSR opinion, go see a doctor if it concerns you

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I mean in my eyeball. The whole pupil is white. Uploading the picture now.

ReputationRep:

Like I say probably something and nothing. I've read up on white eye spots but can't find anything about adults. It's maybe the reflection of the flash like I say as I'm on the centre of the picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)

Like I say probably something and nothing. I've read up on white eye spots but can't find anything about adults. It's maybe the reflection of the flash like I say as I'm on the centre of the picture.
    Nah that's just a variation on red eye, can be to do with the angle you were facing, shadows or anything like that. That's nothing to be worried about really. It happens in a lot of photos, you may have red eye in one and a different colour in the other, just depends on how the flash caught you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)

No sweat it is just the camera angle Nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    I thought so.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that's the camera flash, I've seen that on a few pictures even when other people have red eyes in the same photo.

If its still something that's playing on your mind, a doctor or optician can look into the eye and see if there's something there within seconds.

edit, in that picture you can see a small amount of white reflected in your other eye. I'd guess if you had been standing slightly to the left, you would have seen the white eye effect in that eye instead.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.