Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any advice for girls? Most of my smart clothes are from warehouse and some from Karen Millen.
    Any where else I can find smart clothes but with a little bit more character to them? Don't like wearing the traditional suit and skirts/dresses :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    2-3 decent and reasonable suits
    2 pairs of black shoes
    10 shirts
    few ties

Nothing too fancy.
    The likes of Topman acceptable? Or would you stick with the more traditional names?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entrepreneur_NO1)
    The likes of Topman acceptable? Or would you stick with the more traditional names?
    As long as it's none of that skinny trousers, skinny jacket, skinny tie **** from Topman, then yeah.

ReputationRep:
    When are summer sales? Before June 28? :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antzlck)
    When are summer sales? Before June 28? :o:
    I think last year they were just after the start of work, which was a bummer.

Look smart, not scruffy, and don't pretend you're on the catwalk.
    Obviously things are way more lax on the trading floor, but it differs from desk-to-desk.

No more than 2 suits if required by any means of the imagination. 2 pairs of shoes I cannot stress enough - I did 10 weeks on 1 pair. Suffice to say they won't be seeing the light of day again.

I don't know if you need TEN shirts (jesus loggins, it's called a washing machine man!), but if you're in IBD you might find yourself running into M&S to pick some up.

I think people sometimes worry too much, but in my opinion you really just want to blend in. It's great to be "that intern" if you pull some crazy trade idea out of your arse, but not if you look a bit ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    As an intern could you get away with a shirt/ trousers/ cardigan or jumper combo( maybe with tie also)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakezg)
    As an intern could you get away with a shirt/ trousers/ cardigan or jumper combo( maybe with tie also)?
    Risk vs reward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shushi)
    Any advice for girls? Most of my smart clothes are from warehouse and some from Karen Millen.
    Any where else I can find smart clothes but with a little bit more character to them? Don't like wearing the traditional suit and skirts/dresses :o:
    http://www.mergersandinquisitions.co...obe-for-women/

ReputationRep:
    I've read this

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/for-the-girls

but would still like to hear what other girls are wearing. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakezg)
    Just..no.

ReputationRep:
    what about bags, will a nike rucksack do (intern S&T)?

ReputationRep:
    ^ Tesco carrier bag, if you are really baller.

ReputationRep:
    like this baller?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJbJs-9ST0

ReputationRep:
    a flat peak, doo rag and sweat band is a must. I barely know any ballers without them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoZEr)
    I'd imagine a briefcase or messenger bag type thing that matches your suit more so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    I'd imagine a briefcase or messenger bag type thing that matches your suit more so?
    Interns with a briefcase? WOOP. Banter.

ReputationRep:
    You don't really need a messenger bag, the only papers you'll have to take away from the office are from induction.

I occasionally took a hold all for gym kit, squash racket, spare shirt etc.

(Original post by LoZEr)
    Make sure you abandon any kind of lame branded bag that they give you in the first week/day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Make sure you abandon any kind of lame branded bag that they give you in the first week/day.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    *Hi, im an intern and i work at Bank X, look at my nice new canvas bag they gave me. Im cool. Please laugh at me and mock me*

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.