Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone really gives a **** if you're just utilising some stash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PorcineAviation)
    I don't think anyone really gives a **** if you're just utilising some stash.
    Are you telling me you dont have a bag that is acceptable for carrying gym stuff, spare shirt or a paper other than one branded with UBS/BarCap/RBS etc?

Ditch it when going into the office. Fine for use elsewhere if thats what floats your boat. You dont need to broadcast who you work for. Thats lame.

Invest in dignity.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't in London. To be honest, never really thought much about it. It was there, so just used it. Never got any grief for it so can't see the issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Invest in dignity.
    The character trait that veritably epitomises banking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeF)
    Are you telling me you dont have a bag that is acceptable for carrying gym stuff, spare shirt or a paper other than one branded with UBS/BarCap/RBS etc?

Ditch it when going into the office. Fine for use elsewhere if thats what floats your boat. You dont need to broadcast who you work for. Thats lame.
    Can't agree with this more. IB stash is very lame in most contexts, and incredibly lame in the remainder.

ReputationRep:
    You should rock up with Bear Stearns stash. It's only acceptable if it's retro :awesome:.

ReputationRep:
    Real bankers rock up with any stash they want. That said, I still have a retro (1990s) Chase Manhattan Bank blue sports bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    You should rock up with Bear Stearns stash. It's only acceptable if it's retro :awesome:.
    I'd seriously rate anyone who did this.

A Bear Stearns bag, Lehman Brothers hoody, and a Barings Bank baseball cap for the retro touch should warrant immediate promotion to Associate.

ReputationRep:
    Cufflinks on a spring week - yay or nay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milch)
    Cufflinks on a spring week - yay or nay?
    Of course. Do you think anyone gives a toss what spring weekers wear?

ReputationRep:
    Take a briefcase on a spring week would be inappropriate ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barbou)
    Do you want to be called a briefcase w-----r?

ReputationRep:
    Would something like this not do..http://www.marksandspencer.com/Machi...Brand=core&rh=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    Would something like this not do..http://www.marksandspencer.com/Machi...Brand=core&rh=
    Sure, but in my opinion there's no need to scrimp on a £49 suit for an internship, you make that amount in like 3 hours.

ReputationRep:
    We all know a suits an investment. You can tell crap and cheap suits from a mile off and they last all of about 3 seconds before they start to look tatty or wear. Im not advocating spending £500+ for a SW, on an Aquascutum/PS/RL Black Label etc, unless of course you have the money and want to, but you should really buy a fairly half decent one for a good couple hundred.

It is the old cliche of that you feel better about yourself in decent threads. Suits to me are the same as bags are to women.

Looking at this thread is the only way I know that the pointless fad of A* at A level has started.

Anyway, invest.

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry, but what the **** are you planning on taking to SW that warrants a briefcase? Crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    Do you want to be called a briefcase w-----r?
    I don't really see what is the problem with briefcases... What kind of bag should we take ?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really see what is the problem with briefcases... What kind of bag should we take ?
    If you dont see the problem. Please, feel free to take one. Id make sure that you get one with the code lock on too. Dont want all those important papers and documents to be stolen do we?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.