Turn on thread page Beta

black shirt, white tie and maybe a Next/Topman waistcoat - that would be perfect, bro.

oh and white trainers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    black shirt, white tie and maybe a Next/Topman waistcoat - that would be perfect, bro.

oh an white trainers.
    And those cool braces that you don't actually go over your shoulders, but just hang off your ass. They are sick.

ReputationRep:
    http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/m...iser/20828.jpg
    BANTER.

On the other hand...
    http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/m...iser/19943.jpg

ReputationRep:
    :P: thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    :P: thanks guys
    No other shirt colours except White, Blue (not Dark), Pink (not Salmon or Baby), and variations upon those (Bengal striped etc). Black shirts are a no no no no no no no no.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I agree with quite how restrictive that list is. I guess it depends on how conservative your office is.

And I hate pink shirts.

(Original post by JakeF)
    No other shirt colours except White, Blue (not Dark), Pink (not Salmon or Baby), and variations upon those (Bengal striped etc). Black shirts are a no no no no no no no no.
    this is gospel.

a different shirt may possibly might perhaps look good in a casual/more fashionable situation, but in the office this is it imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    I'm not sure I agree with quite how restrictive that list is. I guess it depends on how conservative your office is.

And I hate pink shirts.
    Decent pink shirts are difficult to find. Best one ive managed to find thats affordable (ie <60), that is neither salmon or baby pink and is a nice material is the TML luxury slimfit one.

ReputationRep:
    this is gospel.

a different shirt may possibly might perhaps look good in a casual/more fashionable situation, but in the office this is it imo.
    No, there is no gospel on this, as it depends where you work. In some places only white shirts are appropriate. In others, you don't even need a collared shirt. Plus if there was no personal taste, it'd be ******* boring.

I'm with Apagg, that list seems a bit restrictive. I've seen plenty of senior bankers who have a bit of style going for other colours, herringbones, stripes, etc. Though sticking to that won't put you wrong.

(Original post by Drogue)
    No, there is no gospel on this, as it depends where you work. In some places only white shirts are appropriate. In others, you don't even need a collared shirt. Plus if there was no personal taste, it'd be ******* boring.

I'm with Apagg, that list seems a bit restrictive. I've seen plenty of senior bankers who have a bit of style going for other colours, herringbones, stripes, etc. Though sticking to that won't put you wrong.
    fair, of course there will be exceptions, but 90% of the time i think straying away from blue, white or pink as the primary colour generally might not look brilliant. i dont think its too restrictive - but i think that its restricted to looking good.

just out of interst, what sort of office would only a white shirt be appropriate (apart from the BNP)?

ReputationRep:
    fair, of course there will be exceptions, but 90% of the time i think straying away from blue, white or pink as the primary colour generally might not look brilliant. i dont think its too restrictive - but i think that its restricted to looking good.

just out of interst, what sort of office would only a white shirt be appropriate (apart from the BNP)?
    Some very stuffy, old fashioned firms, especially if you're senior, and senior positions in the civil service and politics. You almost never see politicians wearing anything but a white shirt.

ReputationRep:
    Why would BNP Paribas only want you to wear white shirts...

I only wear blue, white or pink, but have a few blue/white & pink/white gingham style as well...cos i'm absolutely mental!!..

ReputationRep:
    ^ No green, yellow, brown?

ReputationRep:
    Subtle yellow is fine.

want to dress like a beet farmer?

#

Get bargain basement suits and ties. A farmer turned corporate, Dwight relies on the pragmatic fashions of white-collar thrift; his jackets and neckties are drab vintage.
    #
    Step 2

Get a mediocre pair of glasses. No Versace frames for this four-eyed crusader; Schrute storms around the office in discount eyewear, and though his glasses are forgettable, he wouldn't be the same character without them.
    #
    Step 3

Don't skimp on the earth tones. Though his browns and greens are often in strange, garishly muted shades, Dwight has a fondness for arranging them in unappealing combinations. Try an olive shirt with a soil-colored tie, or a lime jacket and tan shirt for a Schrutian effect.
    #
    Step 4

Wear vintage dress slacks, not jeans. The Schrute sense of the frugally formal is unmistakable: the best Schrute-type apparel is straight from the racks of the local Salvation Army.
    #
    Step 5

Wear in the shoes. It wouldn't be very Schrute to show up in a gleaming pair of wing-tips (although again, he can be unpredictable). Also, the only reason Dwight would wear sneakers is to participate in some aggressive campaign of physical prowess, the kind of thing he likes to describe while pinning bystanders with his piercing glare and a narcissist sneer on his face. The shoes, like everything else, should be old and well-used.

ReputationRep:

want to dress like a beet farmer?

#

Get bargain basement suits and ties. A farmer turned corporate, Dwight relies on the pragmatic fashions of white-collar thrift; his jackets and neckties are drab vintage.
    #
    Step 2

Get a mediocre pair of glasses. No Versace frames for this four-eyed crusader; Schrute storms around the office in discount eyewear, and though his glasses are forgettable, he wouldn't be the same character without them.
    #
    Step 3

Don't skimp on the earth tones. Though his browns and greens are often in strange, garishly muted shades, Dwight has a fondness for arranging them in unappealing combinations. Try an olive shirt with a soil-colored tie, or a lime jacket and tan shirt for a Schrutian effect.
    #
    Step 4

Wear vintage dress slacks, not jeans. The Schrute sense of the frugally formal is unmistakable: the best Schrute-type apparel is straight from the racks of the local Salvation Army.
    #
    Step 5

Wear in the shoes. It wouldn't be very Schrute to show up in a gleaming pair of wing-tips (although again, he can be unpredictable). Also, the only reason Dwight would wear sneakers is to participate in some aggressive campaign of physical prowess, the kind of thing he likes to describe while pinning bystanders with his piercing glare and a narcissist sneer on his face. The shoes, like everything else, should be old and well-used.

"I have been Michael’s number two guy for about 5 years. And we make a great team. We’re like one of those classic famous teams. He’s like Mozart and I’m like...Mozart's friend. No. I’m like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like...Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart? You’re gonna get a bullet in your head courtesy of Butch Cassidy.

Actually quite a sharp look on the right of that photo.

(Original post by loggins)
    "I have been Michael’s number two guy for about 5 years. And we make a great team. We’re like one of those classic famous teams. He’s like Mozart and I’m like...Mozart's friend. No. I’m like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like...Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart? You’re gonna get a bullet in your head courtesy of Butch Cassidy.

Actually quite a sharp look on the right of that photo.
    haha, yeah its beautiful. bear in mind that the suit on the right is a $2,000 Ralph Lauren, IIRC.

unsure whether the journalist could find dwights particular earthy brown shiny 3-buttoned number.

ReputationRep:
    haha, yeah its beautiful. bear in mind that the suit on the right is a $2,000 Ralph Lauren, IIRC.

unsure whether the journalist could find dwights particular earthy brown shiny 3-buttoned number.
    Lol! You'd have to scour many charity shops..

ReputationRep:
    Really hate those tassled shoes...too many old boys wandering around wearing those...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samoan)
    Really hate those tassled shoes...too many old boys wandering around wearing those...
    Don't mind tassels on a pair of golf shoes, or even on a pair of suede driving shoes at the weekend, but on a pair of Brogues for work...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.