The Student Room Group

Analyst Wardrobe

Scroll to see replies

Drogue
No, they're not. Savile Row bespoke is not the only bespoke, and from what I've read about C&tD bespoke, the only difference between the £3k Savile Row bespoke suit and one from C&tD will be quality and choice - you'd expect more options of fabrics, better fabrics and perhaps a more-skilled tailor or more time to be spent building it. There's no difference in method or definition, just standard. In fact, I'll bet the standard difference isn't huge, since so much of the cost of Savile Row suits are the very expensive Savile Row rents.

There are things between MTM and bespoke (some Savile Row tailors offer bespoke, MTM and 'semi-bespoke'), but this, from what I've seen, is actually bespoke.

yea but how many fitting sessions are there at C&D? I don't disagree with your opinion...that Savile Row may be grossly overpriced.
Reply 761
FifthQuarter
yea but how many fitting sessions are there at C&D?

IIRC, for the bespoke option it's the initial one, basted fitting and final finished fitting, though I was told it's possible to do more if needed.
Reply 762
I will be having three fittings; basted, forward and final.
Reply 763
I was chatting on here a few weeks ago about sorting stuff for my new job as a consultant. I am now a totally panicked wreck and have about 3/4 hours to buy all the new stuff in.

I've been dieting very successfully, and will continue to do so, and so I am going to hold off blowing a large sum on a suit for now. I am going to look in Debenhams and Marks for a couple of suits, but may get one from Selfridges... I have no idea what chest sizes will be available in London really. I am not sure if they only cater for Bateman style machines, and so being an amorphous blob may put be at a disadvantage.

Also going to add 4 new shirts for £100 from somewhere (godknowswhere)... and the other essential, some nice Brogues or something. I probably need a couple of good pairs of shoes now, but am not sure of my cash situation until I get the joining bonus.

I have left this seriously late. What a joker.

As for suit colours, I am probably going to just get one black and one grey. I usually like pinstripes, but I am sure someone made an elaborate post about how it is not for juniors... goodness knows why, but still... I'll be looking enough of a retard as it is.
Reply 764
RobbieC

As for suit colours, I am probably going to just get one black and one grey. I usually like pinstripes, but I am sure someone made an elaborate post about how it is not for juniors... goodness knows why, but still... I'll be looking enough of a retard as it is.

Hey Robbie! pls dont go on everything this forum says, cuz most of it is absolute bulls.

You will be absolutely fine with TM Lewins (4 for £90 shirts), a pair of decents shoes and suits. and lol trust me no one cares if u wear pin stripes or jet black, as long as it looks sober.

Once you start work, u will see for yourself no one really cares what ur wearing and in summers most ppl (as long as ur not seeing clients) dont even wear a suit. So my advice would be just chill out, and buy the few essentials until u get ur bonus.
They really should pay the sign-on bonus a couple of months before you start, otherwise there's really no point in it, you may as well just wait until the first paycheck! The whole point of the sign-on bonus is to get you started before you start working, so what on Earth is the point in paying you it AFTER you start, especially when they know most students are very strapped for cash until the first paycheck hits their bank account?
Reply 766
MaxMaxMax
They really should pay the sign-on bonus a couple of months before you start, otherwise there's really no point in it, you may as well just wait until the first paycheck! The whole point of the sign-on bonus is to get you started before you start working, so what on Earth is the point in paying you it AFTER you start, especially when they know most students are very strapped for cash until the first paycheck hits their bank account?

Any shopping I do for work clothes will be waiting until I get paid :colonhash:

I do have a ridiculous number of easy-care M&S shirts though. My nan keeps buying them for me :s-smilie:

Anyway as the dress code at my placement is just trousers and a shirt, I think I'll hold off on buying suits for now, except perhaps replacing my interview suit.
paddy
Any shopping I do for work clothes will be waiting until I get paid :colonhash:

I do have a ridiculous number of easy-care M&S shirts though. My nan keeps buying them for me :s-smilie:

Anyway as the dress code at my placement is just trousers and a shirt, I think I'll hold off on buying suits for now, except perhaps replacing my interview suit.

It still would make a lot more sense for firms to pay the sign-on bonus actually at sign-on, not after you start.
Reply 768
RobbieC
Also going to add 4 new shirts for £100 from somewhere (godknowswhere)

Harvie & Hudson would be my recommendation, though Charles Tyrwhitt are pretty reasonable, even HM Lewin if you go for their nicer ranges.

RobbieC

Do not buy black, whatever you do. Big faux pas. Get one charcoal/dark grey and one navy as the safest options, though anything grey or navy, plain or pinstriped, will be ok.
MaxMaxMax
It still would make a lot more sense for firms to pay the sign-on bonus actually at sign-on, not after you start.

I can speak only from my own experiences, but of my two consulting job offers, one firm offered a sign-on bonus of which one-third is paid on the signing of the contract and two-thirds with one's first pay-packet, and the second firm offered a (far smaller) sign-on bonus to be paid on the signing of the contract.
Reply 770
MaxMaxMax

And that's what credit cards are for :biggrin:
Reply 771
I HATE IRONING.

When I get paid I am going to pay someone else to do this **** for me :colonhash:

In other news, King's Road is not a good place to buy shirts if you're aren't a fat old man being dragged around by his fat-arsed pushy wife :fyi:
paddy
I HATE IRONING.

When I get paid I am going to pay someone else to do this **** for me :colonhash:

In other news, King's Road is not a good place to buy shirts if you're aren't a fat old man being dragged around by his fat-arsed pushy wife :fyi:
Don't have you have dry-cleaners in your office (or near the place you live)?
Reply 773
uthinkilltellu
Don't have you have dry-cleaners in your office (or near the place you live)?

Don't know, I only start tomorrow. There's one near me at Moorgate though.
Reply 774
paddy
I HATE IRONING.

I hate Ironing too - managed to burn myself too whilst ironing 4 shirts (badly).

If anyone knows where there are any good laundrettes and whatnot near the City/Angel..please let me know.
Reply 775
This has to be the most cringeworthy aspect of IB ; I guess when you have that much money and spend that much time in the office, choice of tie, suit and shoes (most boring part by far) becomes essential.
Reply 776
Johan C
This has to be the most cringeworthy aspect of IB ; I guess when you have that much money and spend that much time in the office, choice of tie, suit and shoes (most boring part by far) becomes essential.

You're right, only bankers care about fashion
Reply 777
Apagg
You're right, only bankers care about fashion

They care about fashion more than your average heterosexual male professionnal. Happy now ?
Reply 778
Johan C
They care about fashion more than your average heterosexual male professionnal. Happy now ?

No, it's still not true.
Reply 779
Apagg
No, it's still not true.

Well, I disagree. Let's leave it at that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending