Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crafty bison)
    I always feel awkward paying on card in bars/pubs, plus there's usually a minimum charge and sometimes an additional fee. Do you not feel a bit, I don't know, vulnerable without any cash on you? I feel weird if I know I don't have any money!

Keep a twenty in one of the card slots in case, I always do. But mostly I pay by card if I'm getting a round in, which is how it usually works with on my nights out.

(Original post by Gekko Was Innocent)
    I'm not blown away by it to be honest, but the Zegna has never been high on my list of favourite brands, I find them a bit..meh.
    I'm a fan.

(Original post by Drogue)
    Having said that, I haven't seen the magic of Ben's wallet yet, so I may recind that when I see it...
    I'm sure you'll see it on Saturday

similar to this:

https://btsecuresession.com/johnlobb...roducts_id=123

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)

similar to this:

https://btsecuresession.com/johnlobb...roducts_id=123
    That's a gorgeous purse, it'll go great with that lovely green autumnal maxi-dress you own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    E323A_SCA_BOR on the Zegna website. Accessories, leather goods, naturally.
    That's nice, kind of what I'm looking for. Having the coin department doesn't make it too bulky in your trouser/jacket pocket however? (granted you only carry one coin...)

Opinions on Ferragamo belts?

I am a fan of Ferragamo.

It's still entirely possible for people to dress very badly with great brands all over them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very much approving of the idea of a card holder, I've got a very nice wallet from Bottega, but have just seen the card holder they do as well and thinking it would do perfectly, I hate having change in my wallet - and if I'm ever out at pubs/clubs/restaurants it usually gets stuck on the card anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I am a fan of Ferragamo.

It's still entirely possible for people to dress very badly with great brands all over them.
    I actually prefer Ferragamo to Hermes, genuinely.

Well, you're under 30...

ReputationRep:
    Well, you're under 30...
    Touché.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you're under 30...
    Tell that to most of my friends rocking the HHHHHHHH ties, sickening...

It always starts off with a belt...

It's dull. Crass. Impersonal.

ReputationRep:
    It always starts off with a belt...

It's dull. Crass. Impersonal.
    haha. its especially funny to watch when interns wear those belts to the office.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's douchy to wear them with a suit. Better off buying a simple leather one.

ReputationRep:
    Have you already discussed glasses? Especially in IBD, is it common to wear glasses or do you use contact lenses? And which kind of glasses are worn in the street? The classic rimless which you don't really notice at first sight or the more obvious glasses with black/brown rims (is that the proper word for it)?

ReputationRep:
    H belts look good with a pair of jeans/chinos and loafers, but not with a suit and brogues.

I was wondering about glasses too, am thinking about getting some brown horn rimmed specs...

ReputationRep:

Oliver Peoples, baby

ReputationRep:
    So that's not over the top? I don't necessarily wanna be called Gekko on my first day in the office.. but yeah.. imho it looks great together with a nice suit, shirt and tie.

Gotti.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.