Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd.)
    So that's not over the top? I don't necessarily wanna be called Gekko on my first day in the office.. but yeah.. imho it looks great together with a nice suit, shirt and tie.
    Was being facetious. Maybe if/when you hit VP

ReputationRep:
    To the kid who asked whether he should wear glasses or contacts whilst working in IBD....I really hope you were kidding.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I knew this answer would come. No I'm not really kidding. But never mind, I think I get the point. Thanks for clarifying Haz313. Way to recognize irony

ReputationRep:
    Update on the Sartoriani suits (the ones I got the deal on).

They were late on the order, so they refunded me the £250 I paid in express delivery, which is fine but a bit annoying.

Got my second fitting on saturday. Will hit you guys back with how the suits fit/feels hot off the press, and how many further alterations need to be made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz313)

Oliver Peoples, baby
    Those are some cool glasses.

ReputationRep:
    Realised that my new job will not be a suit and tie affair - more business casual. Any recommendations on places with good quality smart trousers? What would one wear on top in the winter in the office - is a cardigan too casual? Best to stick with a jumper? Suggestions for places with good quality ones would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    Those are some cool glasses.
    Taken from my good friend Paul

Just Bond Street it.

ReputationRep:
    I am genuinely delighted that I have no fricking idea what anyone in this thread is talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimiza)
    Update on the Sartoriani suits (the ones I got the deal on).

They were late on the order, so they refunded me the £250 I paid in express delivery, which is fine but a bit annoying.

Got my second fitting on saturday. Will hit you guys back with how the suits fit/feels hot off the press, and how many further alterations need to be made.
    What kind of deal did you get on it? Also, bespoke or m2m?

ReputationRep:
    Presumably the deal was their annual "any suit for £500" sale, as advertised in the national dailies?

Do keep us up to date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cexy)
    I am genuinely delighted that I have no fricking idea what anyone in this thread is talking about.
    You said it.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of deal did you get on it? Also, bespoke or m2m?
    IIRC, Santorini don't do bespoke, just M2M, though they call it bespoke.

ReputationRep:
    Sartoriani, not Santorini.

ReputationRep:
    trying to buy a suit atm and it's pretty hard to find one which fits as my shoulders are skinny (yes i should eat more :p: but alas it doesn't help) so what's the best MTM out there for a reasonable price? if not MTM, any ideas for smaller suits but not childrens department lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    trying to buy a suit atm and it's pretty hard to find one which fits as my shoulders are skinny (yes i should eat more :p: but alas it doesn't help) so what's the best MTM out there for a reasonable price? if not MTM, any ideas for smaller suits but not childrens department lol
    Ted Baker/Paul Smith/Massimo Dutti are all on the slimmer end of the spectrum.. I rate Dutti suits quite highly as well, good quality - nice fitting for usually under £350-400

ReputationRep:
    Hugo Boss have some good suits too.

ReputationRep:
    Ted Baker/Paul Smith/Massimo Dutti are all on the slimmer end of the spectrum.. I rate Dutti suits quite highly as well, good quality - nice fitting for usually under £350-400
    yea i've had a look at them (apart from dutti) but they're all 36 and i'm probably between 34 36 more towards the 34 end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    Hugo Boss have some good suits too.
    had a look at them and quite liked them but again the shoulders don't fit when i get 36s and boss don't do smaller i don't think (unless it was just the shops i went to......)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    IIRC, Santorini don't do bespoke, just M2M, though they call it bespoke.
    (Original post by crafty bison)
    Sartoriani, not Santorini.
    Sartoriani are the biggest joke in the suiting world; it iterates me so much when people say they do bespoke (they were sued prior by the Saville Row Association). Their suits are made by a machine; on a block altered to a customer’s specifications. This is made-to-measure at best (I say this very loosely as its not even true MTM to be honest) :rolleyes:

For those looking for suits, a word of advice, stay away from Sartoriani - they are basically just hacks, who charge ridiculous amounts by claiming their suits are;
    - Bespoke or MTM (certainly not the former and a very loose/weak definition of the latter, especially for the prices they charge)
    - That they are Saville Row (they have an office at 10 Saville Row, but they rent a disused ex-storage basement at the location, whereas there real office is on Bond Street/Canary Wharf and they have nothing to do with the Saville Row Association).

It honestly is sad when you see someone fall for there marketing gimmicks b/c they perhaps are new to the suiting world (I hope the original poster at least questioned them about their techniques before signing onto them), as you can simply get MUCH BETTER suits for the amounts these guys charge.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.