Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    T&A. H&K also cool.

It's only interviews. You can get away with quite a lot.
    Ah I mean I brought Church's for the interviews. I start full-time in jan.

Thanks though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    Epically terrible taking-the-piss-awareness in here.

Then again, most of the 60 people who saw it probably look something like that....
    My thoughts exactly. But I guess most of them haven't read many of your previous posts on the forum.

As for shirts, Harvie & Hudson are probably my faves, though I actually quite like Charles Tyrwhitt as well. Pink tends to be overpriced, and while some of their stuff is ok, you can do better than TM Lewin.

ReputationRep:
    Hai guiz, I'm going 4 an interview tomorrow at a Top Bank, is this outfit cool, u think??
    Ugh I saw someone dressed very similarly at an interview a long time ago. I also saw someone dressed in blue suede shoes.

Neither got the job.

ReputationRep:
    70-80% of candidates have been judged successful or otherwise within the first 5 minutes of an interview. Wear something smart and sharp, doesnt have to be expensive. For the job, 4/5 suits, 5/6 shirts (white or navy blue only), some decent black shoes, a sharp tie, and modest belt, watch, cufflinks. I saw a link up there of some dude who looked like he was in fancy dress. Error.

ReputationRep:
    Hai guiz, I'm going 4 an interview tomorrow at a Top Bank, is this outfit cool, u think??
    the tie and hair really aren't doing you any favours

ReputationRep:
    Come on guys, that post was a joke. Even if it wasn't clear to you by an experienced member posting something that silly, it should have become clear when he pointed out that it wasn't serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    Come on guys, that post was a joke. Even if it wasn't clear to you by an experienced member posting something that silly, it should have become clear when he pointed out that it wasn't serious.
    Especially considering it was a picture of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    backtracking will not fool me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    700 shirts @ 50p each - Chinese wholesale shop
    Suit @ free - Oxfam gift-outs
    Tie @ free - some string found on the street (might be a dog-leash, tbh).
    Shoes... shoes?!
    Watch @ free - DIY sundial tattoo

Sounds about right for a first year analyst.

Being serious now, other than a couple of new light blue/pink shirts, a Sinn watch, and maybe another suit (if I'll find anything good on sale) I won't need anything else.

Absolutely LMAO.

I don't see why you need 700 shirts though. Buy 1 and wear it four times - inside out and back to front. On Fridays, while its washing, a white painted on shirt is fine. But don't forget to use sellotaped cardboard for the collar otherwise you'll look stupid.

Also you forgot the belt. Duct-tape or a chain of paper clips probably best

P

I had a think about how much a 'complete' analyst wardrobe should cost.

I hit 16k.

ReputationRep:

I hit 16k.
    What's your breakdown?

ReputationRep:

I hit 16k.

More like 6k.

(Original post by Zürich)
    More like 6k.
    Watches alone eat up 4k and that's if you have a very conservative for cost set of three.

I want to see the estimates and breakdown of other people. I know my number will be on the high side but then I know what is actually supposed to be in the 'finished' product rather than what you should turn up to training with (which given what most people are like, will all get discarded before their analyst years end if they are trying to dress well).

ReputationRep:
    Watches alone eat up 4k and that's if you have a very conservative for cost set of three.

I want to see the estimates and breakdown of other people. I know my number will be on the high side but then I know what is actually supposed to be in the 'finished' product rather than what you should turn up to training with (which given what most people are like, will all get discarded before their analyst years end if they are trying to dress well).

Why would you need 3 watches? 1 TAG Heure = £1500.
    http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collecti...ex.lbl?lang=en

3 suits = £3000. Similar quality to this:

http://store.zegna.com/ERMENEGILDO_Z...d10/49117317VW

shirts=£750

2 Belts=£150

3 pairs of shoes: £500

2 coats: £700

Obviously you might have more extravagant tastes, but £7000 will buy you more than enough to look smart.
    The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
    Poll
    A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.