Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Does anyone here have shoe shining techniques to share? I always manage to get mine up to a nice sheen but can't quite reach the mirror/glass toe cap sheen :beard:
    You to have build up a layer of polish over time to do that. I saw a TV programme showing Guardsmen cleaning their kit ceremonial kit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    You to have build up a layer of polish over time to do that. I saw a TV programme showing Guardsmen cleaning their kit ceremonial kit.
    I think I am up to about layer 20 at the moment on my latest pair and have read it can take anything up to 100 layers until you start to get a true shine :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I think I am up to about layer 20 at the moment on my latest pair and have read it can take anything up to 100 layers until you start to get a true shine :holmes:
    Build up layers, and use spit aswell. the moisture is key if you want to get the shine on the cap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityTrader)
    Build up layers, and use spit aswell. the moisture is key if you want to get the shine on the cap.
    Spit supposedly damages the leather due to the enzymes, especially if you have been drinking alcohol or eating sweets etc.

ReputationRep:
    Where to find the best men's socks for office wear?

I find the big department stores short on sufficient range of colours to match to my trousers, particularly when wearing navy / beige chinos to the office.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crafty bison)
    Where to find the best men's socks for office wear?

I find the big department stores short on sufficient range of colours to match to my trousers, particularly when wearing navy / beige chinos to the office.
    John Lewis should serve you fine tbph.

ReputationRep:
    I know watches have been discussed but does it really matter what watch you wear??

My everyday watch is a Rolex sub, this should be fine to wear or may it be a bit flash??

Surely no one gives a toss considering an IB is a monied environment anyway!!

ReputationRep:
    Some of the posts on here make me want to cringe myself away into a different universe

ReputationRep:
    Ha this thread is back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangst)
    I know watches have been discussed but does it really matter what watch you wear??

My everyday watch is a Rolex sub, this should be fine to wear or may it be a bit flash??

If you wear that watch, you will definitely get fired on your first day. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you guys got that American Psycho was supposed to be satirical.

ReputationRep:
    if i wear my gucci suit and prada shoes with my rolex watch and drive my ferrari to the office, will the guys mind??????????

ReputationRep:
    A rolex sub is a pretty pedestrian watch tbh.

ReputationRep:
    A rolex sub is a pretty pedestrian watch tbh.
    Name:  Watch_For_Pedestrians_Sign_SC1092-ba.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  32.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crustz)
    I don't think you guys got that American Psycho was supposed to be satirical.
    wish I could rep you more

exactly my attitude when reading this thread

ReputationRep:
    So the shirts I bought last year don't really fit me well. Charles Tyrwhitt's smallest of the smallest size (fully fitted or whatever term they use) looked ridiculously baggy on me. T M Lewin shirts (which are the ones I bought) look passable, but just not great really. Next shirts fit me well, so I'm thinking of reverting back to those ones.

However, I found this offer online:

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/1...tom-made-shirt

Worth getting some bespoke shirts?

ReputationRep:

So long as your Rolex knows what the time is and your ass is back with the coffee in good time no one will care.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can tip me off regarding where to get some nice-but-not-too-pricey custom shirts in London?
    I'm looking to spend <100 £ per shirt, and of course I'd like them to be of decent quality.

ReputationRep:
    Hermes ties- they're like Jordans for white ppl. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToxicFrog)
    Anyone can tip me off regarding where to get some nice-but-not-too-pricey custom shirts in London?
    I'm looking to spend <100 £ per shirt, and of course I'd like them to be of decent quality.
    Seconded, my Bangkok tailor shirts are still my favourites despite the relatively low quality of material; the fit makes all the difference.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.