Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangst)
    where would you recommend for shirts ~£100 then?

cheers
    Turnbull & Asser or any bespoke place. Though mainly I'd recommend spending less - the quality difference is barely noticeable. Spend on suits and shoes and save on shirts to get most bang for your buck. Though if you have the money and want to spend it bespoke or T&A is the way to go in my view.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As others have said shoes are on the most important things imo...what do you guys go for? I'm a bit obsessed with shoes...I buy from C&J and Church's...I go down to the factories and get them cheaper..

My favourite pair are the C&J Cavandish tasseled loafers. Classic shoes.

Name:  cavendish-black.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  32.7 KB

C&J Sydney

Name:  crm-sydney-03.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  70.2 KB

Church's diplomat

Name:  ch_dipl_bl2.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  61.0 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Must admit I do like a good pair of shoes.

Nice shirts and cufflinks/accessories etc are nice but you can get away with the cheap stuff at the junior levels. I agree Investing in suits and shoes is more important.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW1X)
    As others have said shoes are on the most important things imo...what do you guys go for? I'm a bit obsessed with shoes...I buy from C&J and Church's...I go down to the factories and get them cheaper..

My favourite pair are the C&J Cavandish tasseled loafers. Classic shoes.
    I was about to agree wholeheartedly with everything you said until I saw the bolded bit. I never get loafers. Fine if you're on holiday, but I'd never dream of wearing them to work. And tassels just make them so much worse, gives them an element of Gucci loafers.

I love C&J and Church's though, and having parents in Northampton I get them from the factories as well. The Church's Danube and C&J Rosemoor are my favourite shoes I own, and while the latter were still pretty pricey, the former were under £100 as they were the last of the line. Cheaney's also great for something a little more modern, as they manage to do some great little twists on classics (mostly made for other labels). Or John Lobb if you have the money, which sadly I don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    I was about to agree wholeheartedly with everything you said until I saw the bolded bit. I never get loafers. Fine if you're on holiday, but I'd never dream of wearing them to work. And tassels just make them so much worse, gives them an element of Gucci loafers.

I love C&J and Church's though, and having parents in Northampton I get them from the factories as well. The Church's Danube and C&J Rosemoor are my favourite shoes I own, and while the latter were still pretty pricey, the former were under £100 as they were the last of the line. Cheaney's also great for something a little more modern, as they manage to do some great little twists on classics (mostly made for other labels). Or John Lobb if you have the money, which sadly I don't.
    C&J Rosemoore are awesome, whenever I see someone walk past me with them on I always think they look very smart. I guess it's personal prefernce, I love wearing loafers to work... I think there is nothing smarter than a smart pair of loafers and a navy suit, esp. in the summer! I love tasseled loafers though - I always have! Gucci Loafers I don't mind tbh...I wouldn't wear them for work, however.

New & Lingwood sometimes have some decent shoes on sale, but it really varies from time to time whenever I walk past their shop. But for me - I think C&J are the best. If you can get a pair of custom John Lobbs, then you are doing very well - I can't remember the exact cost though, push 2k if I remember....maybe a bit less..

ReputationRep:
    Also for people talking about shirts.... My ranking would be: High end - Turnbull & Asser. Middle: Hilditch & Key. Lower: Lewin.

H&K are my favourite, T&A is a tad on the pricey side.

ReputationRep:
    Swag: Check

Would turning up in this hinder my progress?

ReputationRep:
    I'm only just going into my first year at Nottingham trent and can't wait till I get to make these decisions. I'm geting a bad boy Brioni suit and tbh Zegna ties are much better than hermes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.Myrtle)
    I'm only just going into my first year at Nottingham trent and can't wait till I get to make these decisions. I'm geting a bad boy Brioni suit and tbh Zegna ties are much better than hermes
    Guys do you wanna tell him the bad news or shall I?

Spoiler:
    Show
    jokes

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, no one cares what you wear especially on the trading floor. That is assuming you don't turn up in a bin bag. My daily combo of shirt + jumper + trousers + shoes (excluding watch) come in at less than £300 combined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    Swag: Check

When I've got back to being fit I'm going to take a photo of Harvey to my tailor and ask him for a plain navy single-breasted suit with peaked lapels.

ReputationRep:
    I love this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I love this thread.
    So do I, although I'm a bit surprised that it's run for 66 pages. Dressing appropriately is very important, but that's a lot of posts!

ReputationRep:
    Bump this.

I want new posts.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this has been posted already but I really can't be bothered to go through 66 pages, came across this the other day..

http://www.businessinsider.com/The-U...w/22146418.cms

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    bump
    Lol why? It's 66 pages long with loads of info. Not like there's a dynamic fashion industry for bankers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shorts and a Ralph polo should do

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts about Hermes ties, and belts?

Not shiny gold...

(Original post by tehforum)
    Thoughts about Hermes ties, and belts?

Not shiny gold...
    Tie yes, big H belt no.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.