Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'll vouch for Charles Tyrwhitt over Hawes & Curtis/TM Lewin.

ReputationRep:
    You guys are meant to be students graduating/interning! How the hell can you afford some of this stuff?!

SERIOUSLY:

1. 2/3 Suits (M&S, debenhams, suits you, Moss) £150 max each (+ you already have 1 i assume)
    2. Another 2-3 pairs of smart black trousers (above) @ £30 each MAX
    3. 4-5 PLAIN shirts (white/blue) @ £10 a pop
    4. 2-3 PATTERNED shirts (not stupid patterns, just diff colours/stripes etc) @ £15-20 each
    5. 2 pairs of smart shoes. Clarks for comfort or mandm direct for designer ones at £20.
    6. 1 belt. doesn't need to be great. M&S. £15.
    7. Watch. Either don't wear one or spend £50- £100 on a reasonably decent silver (looking) one.

Total about: £250 + suits and that should keep you going. Then you reinvest your pay on nicer things and your wardrobe develops as you earn more. SIMPLES.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy87)
    Best brands, in my opinion, for quality are Balmain, Chester Barrie, Daniel Hechter, Paul Costelloe.
    Balmain fail.

But I like Chester a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ObaMartins9)
    You guys are meant to be students graduating/interning! How the hell can you afford some of this stuff?!
    Internship pay plus sign-on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ObaMartins9)

SERIOUSLY:

1. 2/3 Suits (M&S, debenhams, suits you, Moss) £150 max each (+ you already have 1 i assume)
    2. Another 2-3 pairs of smart black trousers (above) @ £30 each MAX
    3. 4-5 PLAIN shirts (white/blue) @ £10 a pop
    4. 2-3 PATTERNED shirts (not stupid patterns, just diff colours/stripes etc) @ £15-20 each
    5. 2 pairs of smart shoes. Clarks for comfort or mandm direct for designer ones at £20.
    6. 1 belt. doesn't need to be great. M&S. £15.
    7. Watch. Either don't wear one or spend £50- £100 on a reasonably decent silver (looking) one.

Total about: £250 + suits and that should keep you going. Then you reinvest your pay on nicer things and your wardrobe develops as you earn more. SIMPLES.
    They expect you to spend at least part of your golden handshake on kitting yourself out. That's 5k on average at most banks. It's not unreasonable to spend 2k on 2-3 nice suits, 3 nice pairs of shoes and 7-10 good quality shirts (definitely no patterned ones though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crafty bison)
    Balmain fail.

But I like Chester a lot.
    Yeah Balmain menswear is a bit crap, but they haven't been doing menswear that long to be fair.

Although I do have a nice pair of Balmain shoes I got for £35 :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    What about wearing stuff that you help you feel comfortable and confident?

Being a bit different is what diversity is all about...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohit)
    What about wearing stuff that you help you feel comfortable and confident?

Being a bit different is what diversity is all about...
    This whole thread is devoted to wearing clothing appropriate to make one comfortable and confident.

Buy a dictionary, take a course in logic, go back to school, commit suicide... Do something that will prevent similar moronic posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PorcineAviation)
    This whole thread is devoted to wearing clothing appropriate to make one comfortable and confident.

Buy a dictionary, take a course in logic, go back to school, commit suicide... Do something that will prevent similar moronic posts.
    I hear this goes down a treat at Cazenove:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BetterThanHeaven)
    I hear this goes down a treat at Cazenove:
    He's quite a dish :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    How formal is the dress code at S&T? Where I worked last year, some of the traders wore jeans to work on some days...

Any tips on the dress code for girls? I was quite surprised to see some girls in low cut dresses and ankle boots/booties (the shoe) when I went for my interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rodarte)
    Any tips on the dress code for girls? I was quite surprised to see some girls in low cut dresses and ankle boots/booties (the shoe) when I went for my interviews.
    They probably worked within HR? :yep:

I think the OP also mentioned what divison,...
    I never wore any suit jacket or tie during my Internship within Technology. In fact, hardly anyone in the office did.

ReputationRep:
    Do something that will prevent similar moronic posts.
    A bit like yours, you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohit)
    They probably worked within HR? :yep:

I think the OP also mentioned what divison,...
    I never wore any suit jacket or tie during my Internship within Technology. In fact, hardly anyone in the office did.
    Nope, they were interviewing for FO jobs. Not sure if they got the job, I guess it wouldn't hurt if your interviewers were male and bored...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohit)
    A bit like yours, you mean?
    Oh my ******* god. What a comeback.

ReputationRep:
    IBD/CM. People have suits but mostly wear shirt with no tie or jacket during the day. Some groups wear suit+tie. Lots of IBD analysts are retards and wear suits to training events etc. CM is more relaxed even for these events.

ReputationRep:
    Could someone provide a bit more info about dress code for girls IBD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swe)
    Could someone provide a bit more info about dress code for girls IBD?
    naked
    naked

and even more naked if possible

The first two are compulsory

ReputationRep:
    Internship pay plus sign-on.
    What did you all wear to internships then? Where from? I'm assuming they are going to be a bit cheaper seen as you haven't gotten the money from your internships yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entrepreneur_NO1)
    What did you all wear to internships then? Where from? I'm assuming they are going to be a bit cheaper seen as you haven't gotten the money from your internships yet.
    2-3 decent and reasonable suits
    2 pairs of black shoes
    10 shirts
    few ties

Nothing too fancy.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.