Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically, because i'm a guy, i left this all to the last minute and i can't find anything to do with my girlfriend.. i wanted to take her to lion king the musical, but it's sold out everywhere, i wanted to get us a table at fifteen (jamie olivers restaurant) but again, it's full... what can i do?!

open to all suggestions...

You could buy a new dvd for you to watch together and cook dinner for her.

i was thinking, taking her to london zoo cos she wanted to go for a looong time, then taking her to eat (i don't know where?!) and then i was supposed to take her to lion king the musical, but again.. can't get tickets!

ReputationRep:
    name of the game is make sure you plan in advance next time, rather than leaving it last minute. I would try and arrange something that's "out" if I were you though. A DVD isnt going to cut it on Valentine's day. It screams of "I couldnt think of anything else" and you can watch a DVD any time; its not special enough. You'll just have to ring round lots of resturants until you find one that has tables free. Get the london zoo tickets at least...

ReputationRep:
    How about cook a Jamie Oliver recipe? Candles on the table, some nice music and just relax That is what I am doing. Fingers crossed it goes down well

ReputationRep:
    My partner and I live in London, and when we do go on dates (a lot of the time we stay in and cook together, or just go down the pub with some friends) we generally:
    find a small independent-y cinema and watch a film
    find an out-of-the-way pub/restaurant, sample the food and get hammered on real ales
    just go down to South Bank, for example, and wander around
    go round an art gallery/museum and poke fun at things, or people

There are loads of other plays and musicals on in London... http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/londo...n/musicals.htm

And so, so many places to eat. Not necessarily swanky places run by celebrity chefs, but those always look so dull anyway! Don't stress yourself out over one day out of the other 364 you can spend together doing far more interesting things.

ReputationRep:
    It's not the most romantic thing in the world but cinemas always an option I suppose, or yeah asking different resteraunts, buffets are always good but probably again not majorly romantic, depends what shes into I suppose

she says she's not into the whole romantic thing.. but i don't wanna evade it completely

ReputationRep:
    Take her down the pub for sky sports super sunday

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to london aquarium, would've gone to the zoo but the weather doesn't look too good.

you could take her to a cheesy comedy club and get a bit wasted as long as you get her laughing til it hurts she shouldn't mind to much that you couldn't do the bigger things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    she says she's not into the whole romantic thing.. but i don't wanna evade it completely
    I think shes not into the romantic cheesy but i'm sure all girls love romantic but my guess she is refering to laughs and flirting and fun, yet behind all of that is romantic. Though...you tell me. your the only person who know your girlfriend the best so i should think.

Funny, the both of you together is already romantic :p: and yes, i agree with you.

Tried ebay? Though it isn't the best and not guaranteed place to get tickets. Weekend cruise somewhere? Surely there will be lots of tickets. Adventure never fails, well, make sure there is no third party person interrupting your weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You don't have to evade it completley but to be honest, valentines days for both of you not just her don't see why its so female orientated and why she can't plan something

Well I suppose you'll get your fun on March 14th :P

ReputationRep:
    EVERYMAN CINEMAS

They are these fancy cinemas where you can book a sofa for the 2 of you and they run various classic and new films.

I'm taking my boyfriend to see natural born killers at the screen on the green. they have a few places throughout london though, google them!!

(everyday should be March 14th! we all love steak and the other thing can be fun too)

ReputationRep:
    Chinatown? :dontknow: It's chinese new year on Sunday :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.