The Student Room Group
You want to learn 2 years worth of stuff in 5 months ?
Reply 2
Tinkerbelle &#9829
You want to learn 2 years worth of stuff in 5 months ?

I'm not doing anything with my time, so yes. Is it possible?
waterinabottle
I'm not doing anything with my time, so yes. Is it possible?

If I'm honest. I'm not sure it is. You have to like divide your time 2 and a half months for AS and then the same for A2 content. Not understanding concepts first time round will delay you as well.

What exam board are you thinking? I recommend you have a look at the specification. Maybe take some books out see what you think of the difficulty. I wouldn't be able to do it but everyone's different, you'll have to do some research.

You'll also have to organise to do practicals on top of that somewhere.
Reply 4
Tinkerbelle &#9829
If I'm honest. I'm not sure it is. You have to like divide your time 2 and a half months for AS and then the same for A2 content. Not understanding concepts first time round will delay you as well.

What exam board are you thinking? I recommend you have a look at the specification. Maybe take some books out see what you think of the difficulty. I wouldn't be able to do it but everyone's different, you'll have to do some research.

You'll also have to organise to do practicals on top of that somewhere.

Thanks for the info, but I do not mean whether it's doable work-wise, what I mean is that does the specification allow you to do both in one year?
waterinabottle
Thanks for the info, but I do not mean whether it's doable work-wise, what I mean is that does the specification allow you to do both in one year?

I don't see why not. It's not unheard of people doing A levels in one year. To be sure though I'd decide on which exam board you want to do (whether you want to do OCR or AQA etc) then have a look on their website or send them an email. I can't see why it should be a problem.
Reply 6
Tinkerbelle &#9829
I don't see why not. It's not unheard of people doing A levels in one year. To be sure though I'd decide on which exam board you want to do (whether you want to do OCR or AQA etc) then have a look on their website or send them an email. I can't see why it should be a problem.

I've given you rep for your help. Thanks.
Reply 7
Well, I know one of my friend that is in full time College, and he is doing both AS and A2 Biology, but he started the course in september, but I don't see why not mate! To be fair, if you have time to do it, anything is possible..
Reply 8
They cant say no if u want to sit all the Units. Even if u want to sit every subject's units they wont care.... They want our money only :wink:
Reply 9
There's no reason why not. However, if you want to get a high grade (A/B) in it and have never studied Biology before, (having taken A-level Biology) I would not recommend it. If you just need an A-level - any A-level - then take a look at the responses that I got on the thread I started a little while back.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=23497125#post23497125

Good luck, whatever you decide :smile:

Latest