cosmetic surgery on the NHS Watch

Subcutaneous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Duckzilla)
Heart attack example: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21612715/

Not linked to boob jobs directly but as I said before there would be more money to allocate if there were no boob jobs on the NHS.

and do you know what health problems he had? whether he was in a palliative stage of a condition, or maybe from the info given to the ambulance service, he was already dead- just needed someone to confirm it, and quite frankly- more people who needed help between now and then?
Duckzilla
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
just as i thought a load of hearsay from the media to try and make the NHS look bad
Yes, the state of the NHS is fantastic.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21612715/

YOU WANT A FREE FREAKING BOOB JOB. You can't have it. Get over it.
tinktinktinkerbell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Heart attack example: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21612715/

Not linked to boob jobs directly but as I said before there would be more money to allocate if there were no boob jobs on the NHS.
firstly LOL @ the mirror, secondly nowhere in that article does it say he was denied an ambulance BECAUSE the money went to a woman to have a boob job, an ambulance wasnt sent because the man was not considered a emergency not because there was no money and last it was said that the man would STILL have died even if an ambulance was sent

stop making up stuff just to try and make your point seem more valid
tinktinktinkerbell
Rep:
?
Yes, the state of the NHS is fantastic.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21612715/

YOU WANT A FREE FREAKING BOOB JOB. You can't have it. Get over it.

i might be able to, i havnt seen about it yet
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
firstly LOL @ the mirror, secondly nowhere in that article does it say he was denied an ambulance BECAUSE the money went to a woman to have a boob job, an ambulance wasnt sent because the man was not considered a emergency not because there was no money and last it was said that the man would STILL have died even if an ambulance was sent

stop making up stuff just to try and make your point seem more valid
IF THERE WERE NO FREE BOOB JOBS THEN THERE WOULD BE MORE MONEY TO ALLOCATE TO THE AMBULANCE SERVICE!

THE WIFE SAID SHE THINKS HE WOULD HAVE DIED. There is no medical proof he would not have survived.
tinktinktinkerbell
Rep:
?
IF THERE WERE NO FREE BOOB JOBS THEN THERE WOULD BE MORE MONEY TO ALLOCATE TO THE AMBULANCE SERVICE!

THE WIFE SAID SHE THINKS HE WOULD HAVE DIED. There is no medical proof he would not have survived.
try to take this in ok, it was NOTHING to do with lack of money an ambulance was not sent because he was NOT classed as an emergency

and you really need to read the ******* links you are posting dude

She wants the Ombudsman to investigate but accepts Barrie would have died even had an ambulance gone immediately.

:rolleyes: not thinks he would have, WOULD have
Accalia
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
In some cases yes, in others no.

I think Laser Eye Surgery is cosmetic... that should be covered on the NHS. Also, if you've been seriously mutilated/disformed after an attack or just been born that way, it should be covered. I suppose obvious birthmarks which you don't want can fit under that too.

However, when it comes to botox/boob jobs (sorry)/nose jobs, it shouldn't be covered.
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
try to take this in ok, it was NOTHING to do with lack of money an ambulance was not sent because he was NOT classed as an emergency

and you really need to read the ******* links you are posting dude

:rolleyes: not thinks he would have, WOULD have
Yes, everybody should be refused an ambulance on the off chance that they are not an emergency when they are having a heart attack.
Hy~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's threads like this that make me grateful that I'll probably be alive just long enough to watch the NHS collapse on itself and die. It has cost this country SO much and yet people love it.
Kash:)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Crimsonchilli)
unless its necessary for health reasons or say to restructure someones face after burns etc, absolutely not. If you really want balloning tits then pay for it yourself. Its the National Health Service in the end.
What about to get a breast reduction?

That's my point. The NHS stands for National Health Service and its money should be spent on improving peoples' health, not their self-esteem.
Health covers a large range of things including self-esteem.
tinktinktinkerbell
Rep:
?
Yes, everybody should be refused an ambulance on the off chance that they are not an emergency when they are having a heart attack.

of course they shouldnt and it was stupid that he was refused but you were still wrong, it had nothing to do with money
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
of course they shouldnt and it was stupid that he was refused but you were still wrong, it had nothing to do with money
Isn't it a coincidence that the NHS is in a lot of debt and their services cannot be used on everybody who is entitled to them?
tinktinktinkerbell
Rep:
?
Isn't it a coincidence that the NHS is in a lot of debt and their services are cannot be used on everybody?

but you dont want it to be used on everybody, you only want it to be used on those with physical complaints :rolleyes:
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
but you dont want it to be used on everybody, you only want it to be used on those with physical complaints :rolleyes:
Go back and read what I said.
Crimsonchilli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kash:))
What about to get a breast reduction?

Health covers a large range of things including self-esteem.
funny one...
And if you were actually being serious, of course not. Once again, anything unnecessary should be done privately at your own cost, not the tax payers.
aliphatic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There are more important things for the NHS to use their money on than your own body hang-ups. You set the ball rolling on boob jobs, where does it end?
I'd only advocate surgery in extreme circumstances, such as burns or accidents etc.
tinktinktinkerbell
Rep:
?
Go back and read what I said.

i did read it
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i did read it
I said: 'Isn't it a coincidence that the NHS is in a lot of debt and their services cannot be used on everybody who is entitled to them?'

It's called making a typo and editing the post a second afterwards. Maybe I should get this condition treated on the NHS?
tinktinktinkerbell
Rep:
?
I said: 'Isn't it a coincidence that the NHS is in a lot of debt and their services cannot be used on everybody who is entitled to them?'

It's called making a typo and editing the post a second afterwards. Maybe I should get this condition treated on the NHS?
isnt a typo usually where you put a letter that isnt meant to be there instead of one thats meant to be there :rofl:
Duckzilla
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
isnt a typo usually where you put a letter that isnt meant to be there instead of one thats meant to be there :rofl:
It could also be accidentally leaning over the laptop mouse when it is hovering on 'submit' when I am looking at something other than the computer screen.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (231)
91.67%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (21)
8.33%

Watched Threads