Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin_123)
    The mole isn't the "cause" of the problem, the problem lies deeper..

And it IS weak, if you let other people's words affect you then it is weak, there will always be people who do that so just rise above it/ignore it etc.

Either way I still don't think it should be paid for by taxmoney, if it's an expensive procedure then taxpayers shouldn't have to pay it. If it's a cheap procedure the person can pay for it themselfes.

And if it's a big enough problem for it to affect the person they can bloody well pay it with their own money if it's such a big deal, why should tax payers have to pay for the removal of moles..
    Sorry, but why was I quoted? I don't have a problem with moles.

ReputationRep:
    im not weak, the end ^_^
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    The mole isn't the "cause" of the problem, the problem lies deeper..

And it IS weak, if you let other people's words affect you then it is weak, there will always be people who do that so just rise above it/ignore it etc.

Either way I still don't think it should be paid for by taxmoney, if it's an expensive procedure then taxpayers shouldn't have to pay it. If it's a cheap procedure the person can pay for it themselfes.

And if it's a big enough problem for it to affect the person they can bloody well pay it with their own money if it's such a big deal, why should tax payers have to pay for the removal of moles..
    It's a ten minute procedure and is considered a preemptive strike against possible cancer risks. Doctors love taking them off now while they're all innocent. It causing her distress on top of this is more than enough reason.

And it is not at all weak to be upset by constant digs and comments at your appearance. Words are incredibly damaging and it doesn't reflect badly on you for being upset by them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    It's a ten minute procedure and is considered a preemptive strike against possible cancer risks. Doctors love taking them off now while they're all innocent. It causing her distress on top of this is more than enough reason.

And it is not at all weak to be upset by constant digs and comments at your appearance. Words are incredibly damaging and it doesn't reflect badly on you for being upset by them.
    with it being on my face (which is exposed to the sun daily) i would think it was more of a cancer risk then it being anywhere else on my body, i'll say that to the doc when i go see about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    im not weak, the end ^_^
    You evidently are weak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    You evidently are weak.

im not

ReputationRep:
    im not
    Allowing other peoples words to affect you makes you weak. I know this. I'm weak myself.
    Also, not being able to accept another's opinion is weak. You ask others opinions and then fight back.

ReputationRep:
    im not weak, the end ^_^
    Sounds like you are, babe. :awesome:

Selfish too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Agree if it's justified, ie your removal of a birth mark if it's significant in size/colour. On the other hand if the surgery isn't to alter something that is having a medical effect I don't agree with it eg someone trying to get a nose job just because they want one not because it is needed
    My view exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Agree if it's justified, ie your removal of a birth mark if it's significant in size/colour. On the other hand if the surgery isn't to alter something that is having a medical effect I don't agree with it eg someone trying to get a nose job just because they want one not because it is needed
    Someones crooked nose could affect their confidence and well being as much as a birthmark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    Allowing other peoples words to affect you makes you weak. I know this. I'm weak myself.
    Also, not being able to accept another's opinion is weak. You ask others opinions and then fight back.

i didnt ask others opinions on if im weak or not

im not though, when its something you already hate about yourself then of course what others say will get to you because it highlights the part you hate about yourself, you are only week if you let EVERYTHING people say to you get to you, people can say what they want about other aspects of my appearance

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Sounds like you are, babe. :awesome:

Selfish too.

oh yes i am selfish, why not no one else is going to put me first, look after number one i say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_pea)
    I agree with cosmic surgery on the NHS. I am thinking of trying to get a breast reduction on the NHS. They give me shoulder pain, can't exercise properly, it affects my confidence etc etc It is compeltely neccessay if it is required but I don't agree with breast implants to get them bigger just because "it gives you low confiedence" as many people can expolit the NHS and not really mean it.
    No it isn't completely necessary. Heart transplants (as an example) are completely necessary. Given that the NHS has limited resources, I find it incredibly distasteful that someone would attempt to justify taking resources away from people who genuinely require them (in this example people needing heart transplants) so they can get bigger/smaller tits.

If there are real physical reasons why a reduction is absolutely required (which I expect is very rare) than I would accept it on those grounds. However, confidence shouldn't come into it. Everyone has things about themselves they aren't confident about. Deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    So...the NHS can't afford to pay for new cancer drugs to save lives and apparently there's some shortage right now of medications for loads of different conditions, but they're meant to pay for you to have a birthmark removed?

oh boo hoo. I got bullied for wearing glasses at school, I suppose that qualifies me for free laser eye surgery? Also got picked on for not having designer shoes, where's my free nikes?
    Good point!

ReputationRep:
    think your stupid birthmark matters more than saving the life of some poor person with cancer
    really? care to point out where i said that?

ReputationRep:
    really? care to point out where i said that?
    You don't need to say it. It's fairly obvious that by trying to get this surgery you are taking valuable resources away from people who actually need them.

Love how you ignore half my post btw. What was that I said before to you? Oh yeah, you have the debating capacity of a lemon, thanks for proving it, again

ReputationRep:
    gotta love assumptions

ReputationRep:
    I don't think cosmetic surgery should be available on the NHS at all. Except reconstructive surgery if like, for example, your face gets attacked by a bear, or people who have to have their breast removed because of cancer, to get an implant. Even then it's debatable, but I would like to have that option if that happened to me.

NHS should be strictly for health reasons and it really annoys me when people think they can get everything handed to them on a plate just because they aren't happy with their appearance. That's life, be grateful for what you have and get over it, or save the money yourself if it really bothers you that much.

ReputationRep:
    The "race" thing was a metaphor..

My point is, if this person has psychological problems over a mole, she has psychological issues. Removing the mole wont remove the psychological issue. Instead of removing the mole, address the psychological issue, cure the problem from its root..
    I well understood your analogy, and was pointing out that it was irrelevant to the topic. The two cannot be related.

To the bit in bold: That's precisely my point, it may help the psychological issue, as it may stem from the mole itself. However, it's clear you disagree with me here.

And still I stress, I am talking only about extreme cases.

ReputationRep:
    gotta love assumptions
    Actions speak far louder than words

ps I have completely pwned you, I do like that you didn't quote me just now, hoping I'll go away and you'll stop feeling guilty about taking vital treatment from cancer patients? Alas, I feel people like you are incapable of feeling guilt or compassion anyway so what's the point.

ReputationRep:
    Actions speak far louder than words

ps I have completely pwned you, I do like that you didn't quote me just now, hoping I'll go away and you'll stop feeling guilty about taking vital treatment from cancer patients? Alas, I feel people like you are incapable of feeling guilt or compassion anyway so what's the point.

you are right i dont feel guilty

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.