Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have any experience with these? Looking to get one in the next month or so. I want a 1L with 5 doors, anybody know how much it'd cost (roughly) for a decent one? Been to all the Toyota garages by me but hardly any of them have any 1L's!

Not interested in all the recent news about Toyotas :p: Just wondering if people think they're a good drive?

ReputationRep:
    Other than being quite dull, and with a 1L engine painfully slow, there's nothing wrong with them (unless you are more than about 6 feet tall, because you won't fit).

ReputationRep:
    What do you call painfully slow? I'm just thinking about my insurance, had my license for over a year now but not had a car yet so I'm thinking a 1L will be cheaper insurance?

ReputationRep:
    I love Yaris's. Its the car i had my driving lessons in, and i just enjoyed driving it so much.

ReputationRep:
    go for the 3door, the 5door looks much worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    What do you call painfully slow? I'm just thinking about my insurance, had my license for over a year now but not had a car yet so I'm thinking a 1L will be cheaper insurance?

0-60 in 15.7 seconds. It is outrun by such things as Land Rover Defenders and anything from a Perodua Kenari to a medium-sized van. Essentially, the 1L doesn't give out enough power. Get a 1.3L if you can, and you won't need a tailwind to get past trucks on the motorway.

ReputationRep:
    Dont listen to these fools, it is the coolest car you will ever own :yep: [/bias]

Seriously though, in a new yearus the drive is smooth comfortable, it is economical on fuel, looks fairly stylish (could do better but could do worse); one thing to bear in mind though is a 1L might be a tad slow, mine is a 1.3 and is still fairly slow. Another point for concideration is that insurance can be quite high for some reason, however as you are female you hsould be okay. Any other questions feel free to ask :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't buy new, £10k would let you get something much more competent, even if it's just a slightly older but more powerful Yaris.

Therefore:

www.autotrader.co.uk + www.confused.com

Have fun :p:

ReputationRep:
    My mum's had a Yaris since they became avaliable and has kept the same one since, it's a great little car, she's had no problems with her's and she just needs to get the battery changed this year. From what I gather they run really well, my Mum wants to buy a new one and I'm trying to convince her to give me hers.

ReputationRep:
    the 1.0l is actually quite a nice engine. Ok, it isn't quick, but it's revvy and quite fun. Steering is rather numb but that just makes you feel you're driving a car bigger than you actually are - brilliant for motorways. Plus, if you drive carefully you can get 58mpg - takes a lot of effort though :p:

I'm 6 foot 4 and have no problem fitting in it

ReputationRep:
    I love my little yaris! 'Tis a 1 ltr, 5 door, '54 reg (So the old shape) and I don't think it's 'painfully slow' either. Perfect little runner around town and copes fine on motorways! I learnt to drive in the newer yaris and loved that one aswell!

(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    0-60 in 15.7 seconds. It is outrun by such things as Land Rover Defenders and anything from a Perodua Kenari to a medium-sized van. Essentially, the 1L doesn't give out enough power. Get a 1.3L if you can, and you won't need a tailwind to get past trucks on the motorway.
    0-60 in 13.7 secs.......get ya figures right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    I'm 6 foot 4 and have no problem fitting in it

Which model is yours? I'm 6'3" and could not physically be comfortable in the drivers seat when I tried one a while ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_183)
    0-60 in 13.7 secs.......get ya figures right
    No, get your figures right. It's 15.7 seconds for the 1.0L.

Link to Yaris on Toyota official website.

ReputationRep:
    Which model is yours? I'm 6'3" and could not physically be comfortable in the drivers seat when I tried one a while ago.
    previous generation, 3 door - I find it really comfortable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    previous generation, 3 door - I find it really comfortable

Ah OK. The one I tried was I think a current generation 5 door, maybe that explains it.

No, get your figures right. It's 15.7 seconds for the 1.0L.

Link to Yaris on Toyota official website.
    take a look at this....http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/...aspx?model=920

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_183)
    take a look at this....http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/...aspx?model=920

Ah, you're talking about the first generation Yaris. We can both be right.

13.7 is still a touch on the slow side, though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have one and its not that slow at all, its not like your going to be doing 60 constantly. its got great mpg, the on board computer on dasboard is fun as others cant see what speed your doing :mmm: and is generally a nice little car to drive around, also yaris' are very very reliable.

ReputationRep:
    Most reliable car I've known, my uncle bought the first shape when they came out, and last year p/x'd it for a new shaped 58 plate one, never had a single problem aside from a puncture, which you can't blame on the car.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.