Turn on thread page Beta

The WHO @ SuperBowl XLIV watch

ReputationRep:
    For those who are interested;

And an acoustic performance! :drool:

:hat2:

ReputationRep:
    I saw it live, and to be honest, was disappointed.

It was good to see them but Roger simply cannot sing anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Lovin' that harmonica part

Spoiler:
    Show
    that's a hint Roger

ReputationRep:
    It was alright, didn't seem very loud.

Everything will forever be compared to Michael Jackason's 1993 SuperBowl performance which set the benchmark and will never be beaten thanks to legendary status and more production value than the entire SuperBowl itself.

ReputationRep:
    I think it totally sucked, at one point they were out of time and the sound quality and atmosphere were rubbish too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    Everything will forever be compared to Michael Jackason's 1993 SuperBowl performance which set the benchmark and will never be beaten thanks to legendary status and more production value than the entire SuperBowl itself.
    It's true, that was a pretty awesome show by any standards, let alone a half time show.

The Who did ok I guess, but certainly aren't in top form any more. Having said that, the crowd didn't seem too bothered by that fact and enjoyed it all the same.

ReputationRep:
    Bruce Springsteen performance > All

...but I enjoyed the Who aswell

ReputationRep:
    They nailed it.

The best I have seen had to be Prince then Springsteen.

ReputationRep:
    Now they shall forever make me think of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Now they shall forever make me think of
    Brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    nothing on tom petty. he lead the giants to victory. that was a real superbowl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAKstriked)
    nothing on tom petty. he lead the giants to victory. that was a real superbowl.
    I thought the Who were really good, especially Baby O'Riley and Wont Get Fooled Again, I expected My Generation too but they didnt play it.

To say it was only a quick 12 minute set I think they sounded fine.

Tom Petty was really good a couple of years ago, but I thought the Who were better than Springsteen last year.

The half time show is pretty much the only reason I watch the Superbowl, American Football seems to be lots of men running around in different directions, I just dont know where to look.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.