Turn on thread page Beta

Why is obesity greater in the North? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Because we're all depressed as hell because it WON'T STOP RAINING
    And Tesco is taking over the world up here so we all shelter in there and partake of cheap goodies
    24 PACKETS OF BISCUITS FOR 10P
    and the like...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Because it's colder and darker so food is so much more appealing
    This. and also because we're not as vain.

ReputationRep:
    t'lion, t'witchn t'wardrobe.

t'good, t'bad n tugly.

'N tuh-tuh.

ReputationRep:
    gravy chips 'en hollands meat t' potato pie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    gravy chips 'en hollands meat t' potato pie

Meat the potato pie? Northern attempt fail :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    Overreact much? :eyeball:
    Why is it overreacting? Someone gives a serious reply to this thread, and is told they're being insulting. It's only right to defend them.

ReputationRep:
    Cos it's grim up north. Comfort eating.

ReputationRep:
    The ignorance of some people in this thread is astonishing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samwelln)
    Because of all the effort and calories burnt by southerners pretending they're all privately educated.

Plus, operation Midline is being initiated. If we keep eating pies (cos that's obv all we can afford) then, eventually, we can tilt the country. With the south suspended in mid air, we can then bargain their release in exchange for their secrets on being so affluent and slim. Alas, the increased altitude will cause the temperature in the south to drop by 3 degrees, causing them all to moan for 2 weeks and then die.
    I love this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Why is it overreacting? Someone gives a serious reply to this thread, and is told they're being insulting. It's only right to defend them.
    It's overreacting because you have no right to tell someone that they can't be insulted by something that has been said.

You could say in all seriousness that you think all brunettes stink and give a reason for that, but does that mean that I can't be insulted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Good question is why is this in medicine????
    Secondly i agree with you but your roots seem to be a big deal in this thread :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella178)
    24 PACKETS OF BISCUITS FOR 10P
    I did not spot this deal at tescos today

ReputationRep:
    General idea: Lack of money - people buy cheaper food which in generally more unhealthy.

Also within some places people are opposed to healthy food - I want ma fish n chips!"!!

ReputationRep:
    It's because we're all on the dole and we're eating for emotional reasons.

Actually, I'm not entirely sure. I'd just be speculating.

EDIT: I thought of another reason. Since it's so much colder up North, we need more fat to survive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    It's overreacting because you have no right to tell someone that they can't be insulted by something that has been said.

You could say in all seriousness that you think all brunettes stink and give a reason for that, but does that mean that I can't be insulted?
    We're not talking about opinions, or anything to get offended by, just objective facts - such as the fact that there are more people living in poverty in the north than the south.

You might as well get offended by the fact that the sky is blue if that's all it takes.

ReputationRep:
    Because there is a Gregs on every street corner.

ReputationRep:
    Eh, since I moved from London to Scotland the amount of crap I eat and crave has risen exponentially. I like to think it's the colder climate. Although it's probably just the student lifestyle :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Because there is a Gregs on every street corner.
    This. Darn you and your delicious pasties Greggs! :huff:

ReputationRep:
    Pies.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mamooshka)
    This. Darn you and your delicious pasties Greggs! :huff:
    Cheese and Bean melts :coma:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.