Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ha, the north isn't the **** hole that all you southerners seem to be imagining. You do realise that we do have proper houses/showers etc. don't you?! Anyway... I think it's because it's f*cking freezing up here and when it's cold you eat more (well I do anyway).

ReputationRep:
    With the way people act here, you would think that northern England would be something like 10 degrees Celcius below southern England. Isn't the temperature difference quite minimal, on the order of 1-3 degrees?

I decided to test this quickly, using York (my home town) to Oxford.

http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/...1202+0003777G2
    http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/...1202+0003780G2

The difference on average in Jan is a shocking 0.3 degrees. The difference in July is an incredible 0.6 degrees!

How northern people survive in these frigid wastelands is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    Because there are more poor people in the north.
    They're generally nicer though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blacklight)
    With the way people act here, you would think that northern England would be something like 10 degrees Celcius below southern England. Isn't the temperature difference quite minimal, on the order of 1-3 degrees?

I decided to test this quickly, using York (my home town) to Oxford.

http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/...1202+0003777G2
    http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/...1202+0003780G2

The difference on average in Jan is a shocking 0.3 degrees. The difference in July is an incredible 0.6 degrees!

How northern people survive in these frigid wastelands is beyond me.
    What about rainfall and sunshine averages mate?
    Temperature is not everything

ReputationRep:
    To quote someone from "Mock The Week"

"You are now entering Scotland. No Salad for 200 miles."

ReputationRep:
    lol for a start im not over weight and i hate pies n all that stuff you claim we all eat i dont agree we have less money, yes our wages are lower but so is our cost of living. up north we dont have to run from place to place in fear of getting shot or stabbed for 20p so maybe thats why people are bigger ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    How about you sense the tone. Other people clearly noticed i'm joking from the smilies, its pretty obvious.

Go and rant elsewhere. Being poor does not make you lazy so grow up.
    I said 'poor people are more likely to be lazy' that does not mean 'being poor makes you lazy' or even 'all poor people are lazy'. Ahhh the subtleties of the English language, I assume English is not your first language, if you are you're language skills are pretty shocking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antzlck)
    I said 'poor people are more likely to be lazy' that does not mean 'being poor makes you lazy' or even 'all poor people are lazy'. Ahhh the subtleties of the English language, I assume English is not your first language, if you are you're language skills are pretty shocking.
    I'm not going to drag myself to your level and even retort to your poor insult with another one. It's clear from my signature that I'm an English Language student.

However I will highlight that you are saying my language skills are poor, for skim reading a post, whilst you say something like this:

"I assume English is not your first language, if you are you're language skills are pretty shocking."

I'm pretty sure your sentence should read "I assume English is not your first language, if it is then your language skills are pretty shocking."

So, like I said before, grow up.

ReputationRep:
    However I will highlight that you are saying my language skills are poor, for skim reading a post, whilst you say something like this:

"I assume English is not your first language, if you are you're language skills are pretty shocking."

I'm pretty sure your sentence should read "I assume English is not your first language, if it is then your language skills are pretty shocking."

So, like I said before, grow up.
    ^OWNED

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to drag myself to your level
    Really? You seemed to do a pretty good job of responding in kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Really? You seemed to do a pretty good job of responding in kind.
    Nice quote cutting there. I said I wouldn't retort with a poor insult. I pointed out the irony in his post.

Edit: Just realised you 'neg repped' me the other week, I see that you have an obvious dislike of me. That is your problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rrea436)
    ^OWNED
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nice quote cutting there. I said I wouldn't retort with a poor insult. I pointed out the irony in his post.

Edit: Just realised you 'neg repped' me the other week, I see that you have an obvious dislike of me. That is your problem.
    How the hell have you only just realised I negged you, given that as soon as I did you made the following comment here:

Thanks for the neg though, you obviously care that much.
    Are you going to bring it up every time I dare to disagree with you?

ReputationRep:
    How the hell have you only just realised I negged you, given that as soon as I did you made the following comment here:

Are you going to bring it up every time I dare to disagree with you?
    Every time? Hardly. Its been once, just then. The other one was obviously like you said, right after you did it. Forgive me for not having an enormous memory.

Don't try to make me sound like a child, making out I bring it up a lot.
    I was insulted, and I pointed out irony in the post by that person. How can you possibly disagree or find fault in that?

Obviously a mod on a power trip. Nice talking to you.

ReputationRep:
    Every time? Hardly. Its been once, just then. The other one was obviously like you said, right after you did it. Forgive me for not having an enormous memory.

Don't try to make me sound like a child, making out I bring it up a lot.
    I was insulted, and I pointed out irony in the post by that person. How can you possibly disagree or find fault in that?

Obviously a mod on a power trip. Nice talking to you.
    You have brought it up twice, out of the two times that I have replied to you. That counts as every time.

I found fault because you explicitly made the comment that you weren't going to stoop as low as the person who insulted you, before employing exactly the same tactics as him. If anything, I simply pointed out the irony in your post.

This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a mod, and given that I have no more power in this forum than a regular member it has nothing to do with a power trip either. But it's interesting to see how quickly you try and deflect away from the issue with a cheap shot.

ReputationRep:
    You have brought it up twice, out of the two times that I have replied to you. That counts as every time.

I found fault because you explicitly made the comment that you weren't going to stoop as low as the person who insulted you, before employing exactly the same tactics as him. If anything, I simply pointed out the irony in your post.

This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a mod, and given that I have no more power in this forum than a regular member it has nothing to do with a power trip either. But it's interesting to see how quickly you try and deflect away from the issue with a cheap shot.
    Really, well I'm pretty sure there are other threads where I have replied to what you have said in a friendly way. Whereas when you reply to me, it's to be negative.

Maybe you need to re-read the post you are referring to. I clearly said that I was not going to stoop to their level by throwing poor insults around. Then I pointed out irony in their post.

Honestly, I'm not going to waste any more time on someone who thinks as much of themselves as you (yes that was an insult).

ReputationRep:
    It's down to our low intelligence, poor speech, lack of modern technology and general ignorance to life outside the estate. We've only just mastered indoor plumbing, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Echoes: Pies.
    The evidence is in the long queues at lunchtime or just go to Wigan.

ReputationRep:
    Because were not like you southern poofs, give me three scotch pies and 15 pints for dinner any day.

ReputationRep:
    Because north is nothing special like the South. Especially London. Big up LDN.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.