Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why is obesity greater in the North? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Because there is a Gregs on every street corner.
    When I went to Glasgow recently I saw so many greggs in streets very close to each other :drool: :yum:

I did find the restaurants a little limited but I guess if I searched enough I would find some real gems..

Oh and London has ****** kebab shops all over the damn place - :mad:

I think this divide is a load of nonsense thought up to boost Southerner's already overinflated egos..

I want solid evidence til I believe it it true, however I would hazard a guess and say it was due to more limited food choices and generally having poorer boroughs relative to wages & benefits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    I think this divide is a load of nonsense thought up to boost Southerner's already overinflated egos..
    From a study taken in February 2009: http://www.ic.nhs.uk/webfiles/public...09%20final.pdf

There are no regional differences for the prevalence of obesity, but there are significant variations in the distribution of mean weight circumferences regionally (with higher in the North).

I dare say you never even bothered to research it before proclaiming it nonsense. What a wonderfully rational way to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    From a study taken in February 2009: http://www.ic.nhs.uk/webfiles/public...09%20final.pdf

There are no regional differences for the prevalence of obesity, but there are significant variations in the distribution of mean weight circumferences regionally (with higher in the North).

I dare say you never even bothered to research it before proclaiming it nonsense. What a wonderfully rational way to do so.
    Why thank you...and yes I have now read it. Cheers for the info.

ReputationRep:
    This is a typical norfist report by them pesky southerners what refuse to accept that we northerners (or semi-northerners) have to breathe more fattening air.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.