Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

best place to buy concealer watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i want to buy some concealer for under my eyes to hide the bags under them (they look quite prominent sometimes and detracts from my looks) but i dont really live near any decent places that sell them. there are big supermarket chains like tescos nearby but nothing good like a boots or somewhere like that. i also might need to try it on first to see if it matches my skin tone? would ordering online be a good idea? i'm a bit clueless so any help is much appreciated. thanks
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I just buy mine from Tesco or the market

ReputationRep:
    Boots/Superdrug. Asda are pretty good too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Boots/Superdrug. Asda are pretty good too.
    i dont have a boots or superdrug near me should i order? also, how do i know its the right colour for my skin? do i have to buy several and just try them out at home?

ReputationRep:
    A benefit counter (or online ^^)?

Erase paste is the strongest concealer I have used... ever. One tiny blob covers ye much.

Erm... it's not exactly cheap though...

ReputationRep:
    Its a little pricey, but YSL touche eclat is the best thing to buy. Its like £20 but really really good, and will last a while. It's a light reflecting concealer thing so will hide under eye bags brilliantly. You can get it in boots, and some department stores, not sure about superdrug....

ReputationRep:
    Garnier 2 in 1 tinted eye roll on http://www.boots.com/en/Garnier-Caff...Fair_1039790// is supposed to be pretty good. Not as a heavy concealer but to treat dark circles whilst giving some coverage too

ReputationRep:
    Buy online. Touche eclat is very good imo. For mid-price, No7 Instant Radiance Concealer is good. Max Factor Mastertouch is a good cheaper end of the scale alternative. They all only come in about 3-4 shades so you should be able to predict which one would match your skin. All available on Boots.com.

ReputationRep:
    the body shop has some nice ones!cost about £6 i think!

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you're looking for price wise. Boots & Superdrug have a wide range but I would recommend trying before you buy. Or department stores like Debenhams will have higher end make up counters with people who should help you find the right colour.

ReputationRep:
    Concealer is very difficult to match, it is not something I would recommend buying online unless you have been able to test the shade in advance.

Having said that though, you could try buying from ELF (www.eyeslipsface.co.uk). Nearly all their products cost between 1.50 - 3.50, so you could order a couple of different shades.

http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~126.htm
    http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~83.htm
    http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~114.htm

ReputationRep:
    i have the same problem as you and have found that mac concealers are really good. the one i use is in a small clear plastic tube. if youre worried about colour matching the girls at mac will find the right colour for you. They're about £11 which might seem expensive but a little goes a long way and i've already had mine for a year.
    Mac stores are either on their own or in other department stores (mine's in Fenwick's).
    hope this helps!
    x

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.