Worried Driver Watch

This discussion is closed.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MorbidAngel)
and the first time you get banned for excessing speed and dangerous driving is just as much of a thrill
for gods sake why be such a stickler.

driving fast _is_ fun.. the risk is part of the rush.

lighten up dude!
Tom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What is it then? It only flashes up for a second, so i took a guess.

And no, i drive like normal ppl do on a motorway - usually around 70, going over to overtake or less when it gets really busy. And the fact that other ppl are stupid enough to push it by going 100 isn't exactly the best of reasons for doing it youself. But aside from the danger an idiot going 100 3 days after passing test, what i really took issue with in your post was you encouraging another relative noob driver, who is nervous abt motorway driving, to do it too.

I agree with this:

and the first time you get banned for excessing speed and dangerous driving is just as much of a thrill
and repeat this: "Crash, scare yourself, and then grow up, but try not to take anyone else with you."
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)

lighten up dude!
i ont have a problem with speeding. i do it all the time (damn those ****in gatso's! 1 not sure if 1 got me the other day...). but goin over 100 is just plain stupidity. and so is going 159...
Tom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If something goes wrong on a motorway at 70 then you've got realy problems - it's hard enough to spot and react to stuff at that speed, let alone stop in a hurry when you need to. 100 just makes it that much more likely that you're gonna kill youself and probably a load of others if anything goes wrong around you, and also that much more likely that you're gonna be the cause of the problem youself. Particulary 3 days after your test when you have no experience
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i dunno, if i could get away with it id be doing a ton down the motorway regularly.

it feels safe to me.

that is, until something happens like someone forcing their way into the right hand lane or something.

but yeah 159.. hm damn police getting away with that stupidity. thats like, twice the limit. itd be fun to see what its like but really our motorways arent made for those kinda speeds! leave it to the airfields
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ho ho now I see you are the kind of person who says “noob” in a non gaming environment so I know what I’m dealing with.

And for your information I spent the first 2 days on country lanes shouting Nicky Grist style instructions at myself while pretending to be on stage 2 of the Swedish rally. So I think I knew what I was doing

Spoiler:
Show
joke
Tom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

lighten up dude!
I'll repeat this again, as it seems to apply to you so well too:

"Crash, scare yourself, and then grow up, but try not to take anyone else with you."
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
yea. real safe drivin over 30MPH faster than the car 50M infront of you who pulls into your lane to overtake, after you come flying round a bend.
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TomD22)
I'll repeat this again, as it seems to apply to you so well too:

"Crash, scare yourself, and then grow up, but try not to take anyone else with you."
yeah yeah i know.
Tom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by _Jax_)
Ho ho now I see you are the kind of person who says “noob” in a non gaming environment so I know what I’m dealing with.

And for your information I spent the first 2 days on country lanes shouting Nicky Grist style instructions at myself while pretending to be on stage 2 of the Swedish rally. So I think I knew what I was doing

Spoiler:
Show
joke

You think driving too fast on country lanes as well somehow qualifies you to drive too fast on the motorway???

EDIT: And sweden's a snow rally. *even more worried now*
Tom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah yeah i know.
Glad it's getting through
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well you got a better one?

Also read the spoiler you dolt
Tom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh. i assumed it was one of the endless spoiler sigs. i'll get rid of my post replying to that then.

A better what? Car? Probably not, seeing as i'm driving a peugeot 205 . Not sure how that applies to this, though
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yea. real safe drivin over 30MPH faster than the car 50M infront of you who pulls into your lane to overtake, after you come flying round a bend.
was this aimed at me?

before i point out the flaw in your argument here, id just like to remind you waht i said.

i said it 'feels' safe. it probably isnt.

now, what are you talking about? motorways dont have bends. theyve been designed so you can see far - this means gentle curves, no sharp bends.
and 50m? where you get that from? i normally keep good distances between other cars and myself (2/3 second rule) so either id have 'enough' space or i wouldnt be going 100!

(i didnt say either that id be going 100 _all_ the time.. just lots more than i do now - emptyish motorways etc)
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Still I was a good enough because my instructor had let me go 90 numerous times (he was cool so I recommended him to loads of people) Which meant I could manage when it came to being on my own.
Tom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's not something you, or anyone bar maybe an F1 driver, can be 'good enough' to do, or 'manage'. That's the whole point, really. And it's sheer arrogance to think anything else - an arrogance you'll lose after the first crash (assuming you survive it) and you realise that you couldn't really 'manage' after all.
Tom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Right. Enough. We've managed to hijack this thread entirely, and seeing as we've picked up one person each in support, i don't think either is gonna win. And i need to go offline now. .
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wtf you really are a pussy people do this all the time every day so that must mean there are shitloads of F1 drivers on the M6 all out for a laugh.
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah ok good game.
Tom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I hate letting someone else have the last word....but i really have to log off now. oh well.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.91%
Leave (221)
20.09%

Watched Threads